PDA

View Full Version : Mornings !!!

jillbo
26-07-09, 09:03
I am looking for a bit of advice, I have had a recurrance of my anxiety over the past week or so and only just found this site. I was feeling much better yesterday but have woken up this morning with that feeling in my tummy and feeling overwhelmed and very low this morning. I need to find ways of controlling this dread inside me - I know that that people here will know exactly how I feel so may be able to give tips to help me cope with this. I live alone so it's pretty scarry:unsure:

SarahP
26-07-09, 09:07
Hi Jillbo,

Sorry to hear you've had a relapse. I know how scary and disappointing they can be! But I think with the right information we can take the fear out of anxiety symptoms, which makes relapses less common. Can I suggest a couple of books to you that might help explain anxiety and that dreaded 'morning feeling'? The first is At Last A Life by Paul David (find this at http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/) and the second is Self Help For Your Nerves by Claire Weekes. I have only discovered these two recently and they have turned my anxiety and my understanding of it around, and I feel better than I have in ages. It was like reading about my own experience and helped me realise that all the awful feelings I had could be explained and overcome.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Much love and support, and I'm always here for a chat if you want to PM me

Sarah x:hugs:

Jaco45er
26-07-09, 09:36
Hi Jill

Just to agree with Sarah, the Claire Weekes Book and audio's are fantastic. Amazingly I felt a bit better after just my 1st read.

Hope your mood lifts soon

TC

Jaco

george09
26-07-09, 19:46
If it helps im the same first thing, as soon as i open my eyes my hearts beating like mad and stomachs churning, but Monday to fri i go to work so it kinda takes my mind off it, not an ideal job in an office doing sales so things can get more stressful. Weekends i just have to get up, if i lay there and think about it it drives me mad.Have a bath, do some breathing, go on the pc, put radio or tv on anything than just sit and think of my churning stomach. Just try and stay busy is my advice.
I was on Olanzepene for a good 9 months or so and since i come off i have suffered these symptoms, the docs tried bettablockers no good, and now an anti Anxiety tablet called Buspirone which i've been on for 6 days aint worked yet but suppossed to be 2 weeks till kick in, so fingers crossed.

NoPoet
26-07-09, 20:11
Hi mate, I had a lot of problems with morning anxiety over the last few months and to be honest I found it to be one of the worst parts of my anxiety experience.

A good tactic is to load an mp3 player with your favourite music. This helped me a lot.

It is very good advice to do something rather than lie there over-thinking. I found my anxiety calmed down a bit once I was up and active. If you are suffering in the morning give the Samaritans a ring and vent to them. Once again I found this highly useful.

I think anxiety is bad in the morning cos you get a good night's sleep untroubled by doubts and fears, then when you wake up you remember your anxiety and it comes back. So you go from feeling good to feeling crap in a moment. I think that's the key to morning anxiety.

jillbo
26-07-09, 22:18
Thanks for everyones support - it's a comfort to know that I am not alone. I really appreciate everything
xx