PDA

View Full Version : hi, newby here

carclay
26-07-09, 13:18
hi all, i am 29 years old and have suffered from panic attacks for as long as i can remember. when i was younger they were minor and didnt last very long. as i got older they became worse.

4 years ago i suffered massive bouts of panic attacks and was given medication which really helped and didnt have an attack for a couple of years. last october they resurfaced and was put back on medication and referred for counselling. the counselling took ages to come through, by which time i was pregnant and no longer able to take my medication. however, the counselling really helped and i was able to control my attacks.

that was until all this swine flu started up. for the last 3 days i have had some big attacks and cant cope. i am 8 months pregnant and so scared of getting swine flu incase myself or baby are seriously harmed. i feel like my throat is swollen and feel sick.

someone please help me as im sure these attacks are no good for my baby either.:weep:

paullong
26-07-09, 13:34
Hi there...
Not been here long myself but it definately helps...loadsa good stuff here,,,u aint alone all the best!:D

Panikki
26-07-09, 14:44
Hi,
I'm sure your panic attacks will not effect your pregnancy in any serious way ...think mine started when i was pregnant with my second child...trigger was feeling faint during late pregnancy it was a really hot summer and i was scared as i had a 2 1/2 yr old to look after as well and was worried i'd collapse and she would be on her own not knowing what was going on...Any way needless to say i got through ok ..still suffer panics and its been a long 19yrs now!!! Regarding the swine flu..its a worry for most and it does'nt help with what has recently been put in papers regarding pregnant women....if your really concerned ring up your local nhs direct service for advice ...My eldest daughter had swine flu and i mixed with her all the time as she a has 2yr old ..she was'nt really ill only terrible body aches ,temp, feeling lousey ..but no other family members got it so far...and that was few weeks ago! You may just be run down ..late pregnancy can be tiring and often you can get colds or sore throats... Hope things get better for you soon and i'm sure it wont be long before you have a little one to take your mind off things ...good luck..Jodiex

carclay
26-07-09, 14:55
thanx for that jodie it really helped, run down is exactly how i feel. i phoned on call doctors yesterday and was told its just my panic attacks and not swine flu.

only problem now is i feel 2 scared 2 leave the house, my sister is getting married on saturday and the thought of going and mixing with lots of other people petrifies me!!!

Panikki
26-07-09, 15:56
Hi again,
Dont let this panic ruin your enjoyment of life ..trust me i'm a pro at it! You will be ok ...i was worried at first when my daughter got the swines but at the end of the day ..you have to take some risk in life otherwise there is alot we would'nt do ...i know you have the added worries about the pregnancy but there is'nt any one that you know that has the illness that is going to the wedding is there? Well i'm sure if they had they would'nt go if they were ill but you could go to your hospital for a check up or anywhere lets face it the risk is everywhere ...but to put it into prespective you are probably not gonna come into contact so please try to calm down..Dont miss your sis's big day as there will be massive regrets for you which will make you feel even more down..My dad sadly passed away back in November and his funeral was'nt for three weeks after i worried sick about keeping my nerves in check on the day and meeting loads of people i had'nt seen or spoke to for years...I'm not kidding you when i say i shook throughout the whole service ..but i was there and it meant the world to me that i was and i'm sure you'll feel the same if you just go to your sis's wedding and just dont worry about all the what if's ... You'll feel great for doing it I assure you! Take Care Jodiex