PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone - I am new on here!

red
10-01-04, 19:47
HI Everyone - Just a short note to introduce myself. I am 52 years old and live in the NOrth West of England. I am married with one son of 26.

I have suffered from General Anxietyon and off since I was in my early 20's and managed it most of the time. It 'gets in the way' at crisis times, when I am more stresed than usual.

I have to say that even though I have heard of cognitive behaviour therapy, I have never considered it's use - but mainly through ignorance. Great to see sites such as this - they are a great help. I have posted a message in the General Anxiety forum to explain a stuation I am facing now - if anyone has any advice, it would be more than welcome.

Good to make contact - Red :)

Buby
10-01-04, 19:53
welcome red,

if you go to the top tips bit there is loads of tips on how you can help yourself, and i really recommend my tip on ' make your own self-hypnosis tape '. i have and it works like a dream, but you should make your own script up if you do decide to do it. all the others want meg to do the script but this way you can choose your own setting and time limit, that it takes to do.
mine only lasts 10 minutes but it does work, no matter how long it takes.

have fun and keep posting.

hugs rachel

nomorepanic
10-01-04, 21:06
Hi Red

Welcome to the site - good to see you managed to get in ok in the end.

Take some time to look around and ask us any questions that you need an answer to.

Nicola

Meg
11-01-04, 10:13
Hi Red,

Nic has indeed got a great site going here and I think one of the greastest strengths is that we are focussed on practical issues and progress which helps move people forward and we try to keep away from a quagmire of communal moans - whic is a trap so many other sites seem to fall into..

Please do have a good hunt around using the search facility above . Many common topics have already been covered in depth.

Take care

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

stimpy
14-01-04, 01:19
Hi Red

Very nice to meet you

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Excentric

Rennie1989
18-01-04, 09:56
Hi red

Glad to see ya. If ya go to the live chat room at 7pm yacan meet a few peeps and at 9pm theres loads, check it out.

Have fun and take care

Jade

florence
19-01-04, 23:16
hi red,
its been nice talking to you in the chat room .
You are a great lady!
Florence.

kate
20-01-04, 08:24
Hiya Red,

Just to reiterate what Florence said. Lovely talking to you in the Chat Room last night!

Hope to see you there again soon!

Kate x

stephen
21-01-04, 20:53
hi,Red ,welcome aboard you,ve hit on the most friendly,helpful and amusing site on the net (and i speak as a newbie myself!)there are some great people here and we all understand each other .steve.xx