PDA

View Full Version : Pressure in head & left ear a bit deaf

sMINT
26-07-09, 16:16
For ages now I have a lot of pressure in my head. I know its normal to get it from time to time, but every single morning?

Feels like my head will explode!

I often get it like most people when I stand up quickly but my anxiety is making me think the worst of it.

Now my left ear also feels a bit deaf which has really made me start worrying about it all.

I dont really want to go to the docs, Im sure they will be getting fed up of me, Ive been down there way too much in the past few months.

nataliean1982
26-07-09, 20:10
i get this with anxiety, and it feels like my head is on a really fast elevator, or an airplane. pain relievers dont help. the doc said it might be the beginning of a sinus infection, but it was definately my anxiety resurfacing. try your hardest to ignore them, as there is nothing you can do to relieve it anyway. mine took several weeks to subside, and they still come back every once in a while.

debs180
26-07-09, 20:39
hi, i posted a similar thread awhile ago for abit of reassurance. i have head pressure, sometimes its on one side sometimes at the back sometimes all over, i had it everyday for weeks and went to the doc, had a few general tests and they came back fine, and was told it was a symtom of anxiety. as i have health anxiety i constantly worry about the pressure. but u do sort of learn to ignore it in a way. i hope you feel better soon, take care, debs xxx

Trish
26-07-09, 21:16
I get this a lot...it's beginning to get to me big time:weep: Inside my head it feels full and like there's movement going on in there....is this really anxiety causing this?

Trish x

sMINT
27-07-09, 18:27
Thanks everyone for the reassurance.

I havent had it so bad today just once when I woke up this morning.

Hopefully it'll stop for good soon.

CJH86
27-07-09, 19:01
Sounds like it might be an ear pressure issue especially as you said your ear felt full and there is a pressure sensation in your head.....i have a similar problem. These things are common around this time of year, as the pollen can affect your ears (especially if you suffer from hayfever). Also if you've had a cold or virus recently it can slow down your ears a lot. In either case it might take the inner ear tube a while to get moving when you wake up x

sMINT
05-08-09, 11:41
Hey,

Thanks, I do suffer hayfever really bad so thanks for the reassurance!

:)

paullong
05-08-09, 12:06
yep the old tightening belt syndrome! Not nice mate but i think its common and the deafness is in my right ear. Have a theory are you left or right handed im guessing right?