PDA

View Full Version : alcohol

kahi35
26-07-09, 16:56
hey anyone feels like the have a faster pulse the next morning? last night had a few drinks woke up at 4am and been up ever since. kept taking my pulse which makes it worse. when i lay down i can feel my heart beating.

marcc64
26-07-09, 17:08
Yeah same with me, also makes my breathing difficult couple of hours after drinking.

tasia
26-07-09, 17:16
Alcohol always makes my anxiety so much worse...expecially if i drink too much and have hangover..im a wreck..dont know why i do it to myself.

Emira7
26-07-09, 17:58
Hey

This keeps coming up. I have this. A few hours after drinking the heart rate and pulse go up.

My GP said alcohol and tobacco is the most common cause of rapid heart rate. Mine calms down pretty quick, the trouble is us anxious bods get anxious about it, so the heart starts beating quicker! Viscious circle!

I avoid white wine now for this reason. Does me no favours and makes me tetchy the next day.

xx

amandaj
26-07-09, 18:21
def is alcohol doing it i know for sure cos i drink way way to much and getting help for it now

nataliean1982
26-07-09, 20:08
alcohol makes everything worse the next day. your pulse is fine, its just your anxiety reacting to the alcohol. i rarely drink anymore because the next day would make my anxiety, and especially my health anxiety so much worse.