PDA

View Full Version : Fluxotine

Tim2210
26-07-09, 18:30
I've had panic attacks for around ten years. I was on fluxotine before for around 8 years and it was great and it worked so well for me, all my problems were gone. Around 2 years ago my panic disorder just simply disappeared and I was off the meds for 2 years. Now the panic attacks have been coming back and my doctor started me on the medication again (Tuesday). It's been five days. When does it start to feel better? I've been feeling kinda run down lately, with panic attacks and just tired. My sinuses have been acting up lately because of the rain and I think that might be part of the problem. I get sinus pressure and a sick feeling in my stomach (I think from all the nasal drip) and feel tired. Of course this triggers my panic attacks. I think "Why am i light headed?" or "Maybe they put the wrong pill in the bottle and it's doing something weird to me". Does anyone else have issues like this?

MaddyMoo
26-07-09, 19:19
Hi Just wanted to write a reply and let you know that the side effects can last up to a few weeks. I had many of teh things your describing but I am feeling much better now but teh first few weeks were a long hard slog but it was worth it to feel better. Hope your okay and can stick with it Maddy x:hugs:

Mich1111
26-07-09, 20:47
Hi
I'm currently on fluoxetine, it took 2.5-3 weeks to kick in. My anxiety seemed to get worse before it got better but whether its the medication or just my anxiety who knows - it does get easier though just takes time.

Tim2210
26-07-09, 21:09
Yeah I'm not sure either. I never had any side effects with Fluxotene before. The factors of my sinuses and my eating schedule being off might be contributing to the way I'm feeling too.