PDA

View Full Version : What's your current HA worries?

Wee-Mee
26-07-09, 19:04
Simple really,may be one,may be 10,may last a day,may last weeks or months,but regardless,they all make our lives harder to live!

So what are yours?

Mines currently,are

breast cancer
lung cancer
brain tumour
MS
and a new one from yesterday HIV
Swine Flu

yep,all these make it just a BIT hard to get on with daily things.

Ok..you go :yahoo:

PaulR
26-07-09, 19:18
This chest/throat thing i've got at the moment and the main one......

SWINE FLU :weep:

pd
26-07-09, 19:19
I wonder how many people will have the same/similar things?

Mine are heart, heart, heart and more heart, blood clots, bone cancer, breast cancer and going crazy.:meh::wacko:

Although it's not really HA I've also recently started worrying about being in a car accident etc, I think mostly because of people saying things like 'what are you worrying about that for, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow'.

ali8385
26-07-09, 19:55
Oh dear...it is so tricky in't it! Here goes...

Thyroid cancer
Breast cancer
Lung cancer
Annoying thoat/chest niggle and swollen feeling glands
Swine flu

Oh how I hate HA....

Gee
26-07-09, 20:02
Mine is
HIV
MS

I've stopped googling so I can't find anymore, what made u start worrying about HIV?

Gee x

Ophelia105
26-07-09, 20:04
breast cancer
breast cancer
breast cancer

(I am in an obsessive phase)

And every other cancer (possibly apart from prostrate)

debs180
26-07-09, 20:43
mine is brain tumor, and any type of cancer really!!!

Valka
26-07-09, 20:49
Anything to do with my heart is the latest one!

Trish
26-07-09, 21:02
Mine at the moment is Lung Cancer:blush: My anxiety has been high for a week or so causing my asthma to be worse, oh yes and it doesn't help that i have a CT scan on my chest & abdo tomorrow.:wacko:

Wee-Mee
26-07-09, 22:39
Deary me,I am seeing alot of the cancer worries,that is my biggest fear. Trish,when I worry about the lung cancer,indeed it makes my asthma worse too!

Good luck with the docs

Debs,I am any cancer apart from that too really to be honest. I jsut seem to do my rounds with certain ones. :weep: I t was colon,ovary and cervical a good few months ago.

pd: I feel for you on the breast cancer-I think that is one of my main ones just now :(

Paul-I have asthma and that along with all the swine flu makes for one big anxiety fest doesnt it? :(

I started this thread to see how similar all our worries are.

Cos sometimes I feel absolutely out my mind to worry about so many different illnesses and states all at the same bloody time!

I get to the point that I actually make things up and "see" scenarios of what COULD happen if this was what was wrong. Awful stuff

xxxxxxxxx

Cococj
26-07-09, 23:14
Mine has pretty much always been an aortic aneurysm, which moves depending on where I'm in pain - I have bad IBS and fibromyalgia pain too so this can vary a lot.

In my more rational periods I can say that it moving around and the fact I've had this pain for years would mean that I'm really worrying about nothing, but you know, it's just not that easy.

Mindy
27-07-09, 08:20
Hi Guys,

This forum is awesome! I have been a panic attacked person since I was 18, so 10 years this year :blush:

My fear at the moment is:

- hypertension- due to a high blood pressure reading when having my implanon rod taken out at the docs, but I was having a panic attack at the time
- blood clots from the pill that I have been prescribed, due to the HBP reading and the side effects leaflet.
- oh and of course heart attack from both of those above

sandy35
27-07-09, 10:20
Cirrhosis of the liver and liver disease especially for a few days after i have had an alcoholic drink.
Brain Tumour.
Lung Cancer.

ali8385
27-07-09, 13:31
Wee-Mee,

I am the same as you, I think up all kind of senarios and imagine them in my mind...it is truely horrible!

Ali x

tiredOfOcd
27-07-09, 13:34
Cancer.

Currently, relatively calm. 2 weeks ago was bad, but I'm in a better spot now.

Mudskipper
27-07-09, 16:11
Cancers generally are my worries. Strokes and heart attack oddly enough don't bother me, despite being the things we've had in my family. Must admit the swine flu is causing me a lot of anxiety at the moment, mainly worrying that it'll turn into something worse. Shouldn't have watched that damn Survivors series that was on last year. I never learn...:lac:

As for obsessing about possible outcomes, I often say to my friends and family that if they could just see the things that play out in my mind, they wouldn't just understand, they'd be bloody terrified!

lazzerus
27-07-09, 21:51
hmmm - think my favourite two at the moment are m.s and spinal cancer. Things that result in disability play havoc with me. Ive wasted so much time worrying about this. really annoing.

Dazzer
27-07-09, 22:30
At the moment its bowel cancer, 6 weeks ago it was stomach cancer but I am getting the Docs to have look down the stomach next month.

gemchanel
28-07-09, 00:05
my worry is about my heart i worry everyday and just gets me depressed

fairyloveheart
28-07-09, 07:58
Mine is a facial tumour, which has now spread to my bowel and making me feel sick :(

tashbarnes87
28-07-09, 09:25
MS massivly due to the twitching. Nothing else really (at the moment)

nickieb
28-07-09, 19:55
Anything neurological (ms, brain tumor, aneurysm) & anything cardiac (heart attack) u name it!

Vile x

daisycake
28-07-09, 20:57
Brain Tumour
Sugar overdose (is that possible)?

peacemaker
29-07-09, 07:41
"Re: What's your current HA worries?"

you mean now??? or 10 minutes ago??? :D

well, I am afraid of brain tumors, cancers, heart problems and many other illnesses that might pop up whenever I have some pain somewhere in my body. :(

spiroll
29-07-09, 09:01
Heart rate, skipped beats, ... heart stuff in general. There's no amount of xanax that seems to help me beat this type of panic attack. :(

snoozy24
31-07-09, 20:45
really just any type of cancer, its so scary!

pd
31-07-09, 23:10
I broke my wrist today... remained nice and calm through the whole process, hospital and everything, went home and am now panicking that it isnt going to heal properly and im gonna lose use of it or the bone is goi ng to infect or somethin. Least the cancer worries are gone... just cant win!

Emaa
01-08-09, 04:36
For the past few months mine's been blood clots. Every pain I get anywhere in my body I convince myself it's a blood clot that has travelled to that area and it's going to somewhere major.

x

col410
01-08-09, 09:33
1. cancer, any kind, but right now my anxiety-filled, worst-case scenario mind thinks that my IBS symptoms are actually colon cancer.

when my anxiety is really out of control, i imagine that there are a bunch of diseases brewing inside of my body. even as i type this it seems ridiculous, but that's anxiety for you! i watch the shows mystery diagnosis and diagnosis x and get freaked out by them too, but they also give me a reality check to the point that i feel grateful that so far my physical health has been pretty good (knock on wood). but then my anxiety/OCD kicks in and i think that my luck in that department is going to run out any day now.

i've always been somewhat anxious, at least as an adult, but ever since i had shingles a little over a year ago, i obsess about my health and think that any random body ache or pain is a symbol of a serious disease. it's like a switch flipped in my brain and i can't turn it off.

sorry for rambling, but unfortunately, i know that a lot of you can relate to my situation! :wacko:

rainbow
03-08-09, 11:30
my main fear is cancer, recently i was obsessing about rectal cancer. Also ms to an extent as my dad had this and my sister was diagnosed 5 years ago. Strokes worry me too as my mum died of a stroke when she was 45 years old, i'm 43 and overweight and stress too much. I wish i could just enjoy my life instead of this huge black cloud hanging over me all the time.

abi
03-08-09, 14:17
Currently: Malgnant Melonoma
Previously: MS, ovarian cancer, bowel cancer..........and on and on and on......:lac: :wacko:

cricketjar
03-08-09, 17:49
My main fear is prostate cancer,liver disfunction,temporal artiritis and many more.

Sarlou31
03-08-09, 18:34
My major worries are anything to do with the brain, so tumors, aneyrisms and cancer wherever i get a pain. I've been having a split second sort of pain, pulse in the back of head behind my right ear, and now that's all i can think about. I'm trying to tell myself it is probably muscular ornerves as i have really bad posture. Oh the joys of HA

mel07
03-08-09, 19:14
Mine is heart at moment, skipped beats, extra beats for 3months continuous. If that goes im sure il find something else.

Mel. x

Amanda74
04-08-09, 10:31
Mine is

Heart - Heart attack, blood clots, heart disease ( i have ectopic beats so this doesnt help)
Brain - cancer, tumour, anerisym - have lightening pains in my head a lot
Ovarian cancer

hate HA!
A

meg86
17-08-09, 11:10
A few months ago it was brain tumour, M.S, any neurological disorder

At the moment its Lymphomia, Stroke, lung cancer, swine flu :(

boohoo!!

Welsh.Baz
17-08-09, 11:39
Mine is heart problems (had clear ECG's so why am I still worrying?) and the Pig Flu.

amandaj
17-08-09, 11:42
miine is heart problems liver problems bowel cancer the l goes on

Mogwog
17-08-09, 11:44
Previously:
MS
Cervical cancer
breast cancer
Lymphoma
Thought my son had a brain tumour
Thought hubbie had Testicular cancer
Thought mum had skin cancer
Bone cancer
That I was going die when my dentist took my wisdom teeth out under LOCAL anthesestic! :0

Current:
Breast cancer

Bascially anything that hurts or is not normal for me than I completely freak out:(

Mogwog
17-08-09, 11:45
and I forgot about Swine Flu!

L.x

cupcakes2009
17-08-09, 12:08
at the moment mine is Having a heart attack due to small pains, Swine Flu as its getting everywhere round me. :weep:

BKF1515
17-08-09, 13:15
Hi, just thought I'd share mine:

Any kind of cancer - right now it's breast cancer, few months ago it was colon cancer
anything with my heart
going deaf
going blind

for those who are worried about breast cancer, has anyone tried having a thermogram (heat photo)? I was thinking of getting one to make myself feel better.

randomworry
17-08-09, 15:44
my latest one is medication overuse headaches - i dont know if i have it but i am getting a lot of headaches probably through stressing about it!

MandySlade
17-08-09, 17:36
My teeth are the big one right now. I made a post about it which has 40something views and the only responses are by myself. So, that sent me into a spiral of thinking "no one responded, so it must be really bad".

Deadgirl
18-08-09, 00:44
Breast cancer
Brain tumour
HIV
Cervical cancer
Blood clot
Septicemia
Hypoglycemia
throat cancer
Heart attack
Diabetes
dodgy moles
Teeth falling out
There are more but those are the main ones

Deadgirl
18-08-09, 00:46
oh god yeah Swine flu is causing me nothing but hell at the moment, im terrified of getting it

katy20
19-08-09, 14:16
mine is the same as debs180 - brain tumour but any type of cancer gets me worried to be honest

MoonlightFire
19-08-09, 16:55
My main ones are:

HIV
Cancer

trolleydolly
19-08-09, 20:07
my main one is cancer

Pkstracy
02-04-20, 22:09
Blood clot , even though my husband said it is most likely pulled muscle

glassgirlw
04-04-20, 21:18
I had that fear too, Pkstracy - while I had the flu. Centered around so much time being stuck in bed and had a sore spot on my calf. It went away once I was up and moving around.

maryjane91
04-04-20, 21:43
Biggest fears are (as always) brain tumor (gliomas specifically) and ALS, closely followed by, well, basically any kind of cancer. I am a major cancer-phobe.

Then I also worry quite a bit about connective tissue diseases, since my ANA has been positive since 2017. Scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) is probably the one I've feared the most. But not as much as I fear cancer!

I also have lower back pain quite often (most likely from hypertonic pelvic floor and hypermobility) and every time it flares up I worry that I have a herniated disc or spinal stenosis and then I end up thinking that it's cauda equina syndrome and I'll end up paralyzed and incontinent.

Ah, the joys of health anxiety...

tnt808
06-04-20, 03:41
Biggest fears are (as always) brain tumor (gliomas specifically) and ALS, closely followed by, well, basically any kind of cancer. I am a major cancer-phobe.

Then I also worry quite a bit about connective tissue diseases, since my ANA has been positive since 2017. Scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) is probably the one I've feared the most. But not as much as I fear cancer!

I also have lower back pain quite often (most likely from hypertonic pelvic floor and hypermobility) and every time it flares up I worry that I have a herniated disc or spinal stenosis and then I end up thinking that it's cauda equina syndrome and I'll end up paralyzed and incontinent.

Ah, the joys of health anxiety...

I'm sorry for all of your worries. I was diagnosed with MCTD February 2017...changed my life. Now as of my last blood work, it has picked Scleroderma (not the one I wanted it to land on)..

Now that I have Scleroderma...my anxiety is significantly less. Now I worry about the stupid virus going around. Imagine that! I have Scleroderma but I am terrified of coronavirus. I realize how cuckoo that must read as I type this.

I wish I could tell you please don't worry, but that's what we do. I'm here if you have any questions or want to vent!