PDA

View Full Version : just got over swine flu

magpie girl
26-07-09, 23:50
Hi i havent posted for a while as ive been ill with swine flu!!! I also developed a chronic sinus infection.But im really fine now and i did it without taking tamiflu:) :) I SUPRISED MYSELF AS I NEVER PANICKED OR GOT ANXIOUS
All i took was paracetamol and honey for my throat,it lasted 10 days,the sweats lasted four but with plenty fluids it eases off.I still feel a little tired but thats just normal. So please dont be scared of this as if i can get through this with a low immune system anyone can :yesyes: :yesyes:

chantelle
27-07-09, 00:05
Hi There

That's Really Reassuring -i Know This Will Give Comfort To A Lot Of People On This Site. Well Done For Coping So Well.

sweetypie
27-07-09, 08:45
glad to hear your feeling better it lasted just over a week for me but all well and good xxxxxx

bcr
27-07-09, 15:52
I got a really mild dose. Felt fatigued on Thursday, ill on Friday... symptoms really took hold on Saturday but by Sunday was recovering and now it's Monday I'm pretty much ok. Appetite is back and symptoms seem pretty much gone.

I had normal flu about 18 months ago and that felt really bad, but probably no worse than Magpie Girl has Swine Flu. This time I probably only had 24 hours where I was so ill that all I could do was sleep.

If you've had flu and survived it then you'll probably get through Swine Flu with no problems!

Claudette
30-07-09, 18:23
Hi i havent posted for a while as ive been ill with swine flu!!! I also developed a chronic sinus infection.But im really fine now and i did it without taking tamiflu:) :) I SUPRISED MYSELF AS I NEVER PANICKED OR GOT ANXIOUS
All i took was paracetamol and honey for my throat,it lasted 10 days,the sweats lasted four but with plenty fluids it eases off.I still feel a little tired but thats just normal. So please dont be scared of this as if i can get through this with a low immune system anyone can :yesyes: :yesyes:

Hi I am not sure if i am doing this right i have been told i have swine flu what were your symptoms Claudtte

Claudette
30-07-09, 18:24
Hi i am not sure if i am doing this right I have been told i have swine flu what were your symptoms Claudette

sweetypie
30-07-09, 22:20
hi claudette
my symptoms where sore throat not bad though a cough
headache weakness muscle aches
joint aches
feeling sick......chills hot sweats n a little temp hunni if that helps

magpie girl
30-07-09, 22:26
hi my symptoms were high temp,sore swollen throat,coughing,aches in muscles,throbbing headache, really just like a normal flu with swollen throat. i hope u get better soon xxxx

Anxious_gal
30-07-09, 23:22
wow you did so well!
I always think that when we have to we can pull ourselves together!
a swollen throat would have set my anxiety off so bad!

claire m
31-07-09, 12:01
I SUPRISED MYSELF AS I NEVER PANICKED OR GOT ANXIOUS
my doctor said to me he finds anxious people generally cope better in a real crisis than 'normal' people as its as if they have expected the worst anyway so anything that happens comes as no great shock.
glad your feeling better

yanksforever
07-08-09, 15:16
hey guys im in college and practically everyone is sick right now...

i've got sneezing (man it's violent sneezing too, i bit my tongue during a sneeze :scared15: ) and a cough, not much coming out with the cough however my chest does make those crackling sounds...haha :D ...also my eyes hurt to move around, i was sitting on the floor and i had to look up and it really hurts to move my eyes around in their sockets, other than that, i honestly feel fine, i've been this way for 3 days, symptoms have gradually developed...the only time i'd say i had a fever was maybe the 1st night...i've been taking paracetamol and like you've, other than a few moments of negativity, i've been coping pretty well...

do you guys think this is a cold/flu/swine flu? no body aches btw, and throat is sore but i think thats because of the coughing.

Frenchmaid
07-10-09, 19:40
Hi guy's just wondering what is (paracetamol) is this naturel stuff, or prescription!!!