PDA

View Full Version : Cipramil/Citalopram

ANXIETY26
25-09-05, 13:04
I have a prescription of 10mg of Cipramil awaiting for me at the Pharmacy. The psychiatric nurse I see says that I can beat this ilness without the aid of medication. When I first took Cipramil going back 5 years ago it turned my life around. A feeling returned that I had forgotten existed. Unfortunately I came of it thinking I was ok. Nothing has worked the same since. I tried going on to it again but I had really bad side effects. I dont know whether that was to do with the fact that I had'nt long come off St John's Wort? I dont know what to do!! I just want that feeling back. If that's how normal people feel, then why can't I ?

trac67
25-09-05, 13:26
Hi Anxiety,
I am on 10mg of citalopram and it turned me around, stopped my panic attacks completly, and made me see my life in a more positive way. Give them a go, you never know they could do the same for you too.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

desperate
25-09-05, 16:29
Hi,

Why not try it and see if the 10mg works for you?

Everyone deserves the right to feel happy and ok!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

seh1980
25-09-05, 16:39
They really helped me too. Give it a go!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Elaine1
28-09-05, 16:48
I'm on citalopram 20mg - prior to it was having a pretty rough time with anxiety and panic attacks - I now feel alot calmer and I'm laughing again!

Wishing you well

Elaine :D XX

joney
30-09-05, 17:14
Hi everyone, Im new to this, so am hoping for a little comfort and advice from anyone really. I was put on Citropram a couple of years ago for anxiety/panic generally about my health, I was convinced I had everything going, even a blood test wouldnt put my mind at ease. I was put on a dose of 20mg which put me right and I had a really good couple of years, then I decided to come off them last October but just 3 weeks ago, had to go back on them, but I dont know if anyone has actually ever felt like this, but I really feel like Im going crazy and am so frightened of becoming mad or schizophrenic! I read internet sights about it and probably am winding myself up even more! But I cant help it. Ive been put on 20mg again and am 14 days into it and dont feel a lot better yet. Im just so frightened of my own mind which is probably in my imagination but your mind is a very powerful tool, does anyone else feel like this ever?

basics
30-09-05, 23:40
joney i'm completely like you

for the past 8 months ive been obsessed with my mental health and have a fear of schizophrenia which lead to increased anxiety up the point where i wouldn't go out and i became depressed - whatever i did my mind wouldn't rest

i've been given escitalopram and have only been on it for 14 days but in the last 2 days or so i have noticed an improvement.

joney
03-10-05, 09:48
thanks a lot - its nice to read that someone else feels the same. Do you ever wake up though and hear something awful on the radio and think 'my goodness, could I have caused that or been there'? such stupid thoughts which even confuse myself and really cloud my judgement, then I burn all over and end up going to the toilet! Is that anxiety? when I spoke to my counsellor about this he said, it was a battle between my sane side and insanity side and that if I let it the insanity could take over and cause me to 'go mad' this in turn made me feel even worse, and now Im scared to go back to him.

brother1
03-10-05, 16:15
I am looking for advice.
My brother has just started taking 20 mg citalopram a few days ago.
He is depressed and is suffering anxiety. His vision is blurred
and hearing getting worse, which the doc has linked to his depression.
He is convinced that there is something wrong physically,
but he has been told that physically he is ok.
I am being supportive trying to reassure him, things will
start to get better. He hasn't smiled in months and
now he says his facial muscles don't let him smile
properly. He struggles to sleep and won't try to think positive.
Are these symptoms common of depression.
Any feedback will be welcomed as I am also trying
to reassure my family as well.
He's is due to attend a self help group as well this week.
I am hoping this well help.

john

ANXIETY26
03-10-05, 19:49
he's lucky he's got a brother who understands, well done to you firstly.

From what your saying they are common signs of depression/anxiety. The medication should take a few weeks to kick in but they should make him see things in a more positive light. The self help group should help and maybe you could be a shoulder for him aswell. Maybe you could talk to him about it. Talking really helps.

brother1
03-10-05, 22:46
anxiety26,
Thanks for your response. My brother used to be a practical joker,
life and soul etc..., but it seems to have gone from him.
I've explained that the stigma attached to taken medication, seeking
therapy for depression is slowly diminishing. Unfortunately I am
struggling but trying to explain this to my parents. Time, patience and
support is the best way I can put it across. I've explained there is no 'quick fix' and they have to stay strong as well. I don't know what else to say to them.
My wife is helping a lot but if anyone can give me any pointers, please
feel free as I do not know if I am helping or hindering my
brother.

john

Parker
05-10-05, 10:54
Hi Guys,

Well today I finally bit the bullet and got the doctor to prescribe me some medication. Basically although I feel a lot better in myself and am able to do more things (things that 3 months ago I wouldn’t have dreamt about doing) I still get the feeling I’m on edge a lot of the time and I just want to shake this thing once and for all.

She’s put me on 20 mg of citalopram a day so I’ll have to see how I get on. The one thing I’m really scared of are the side effects I really don’t want to feel worse even, if it is only for a couple of weeks. I’ll let you know how I get on.