PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really really low

tygwyn
25-09-05, 15:32
Me again!

Sorry to keep posting new topics but this weekend has been a real downer for me. I just want to cry all day. I've only been dealing with anxiety for 3 weeks and thought I'd gotten the better of it. I'm really worried that this is leading into depression - which is then making my anxiety worse. I've started taking SJW today so hopefully that will lift me a bit. I am trying to remain positive all the time but it is just so exhausting isn't it. I know that as soon as I think positively then I feel better. How do you lot deal with this, or is it just me? Am I becoming depressed?

Thanks guys

carlin
25-09-05, 15:41
Hi there,
sorry you are feeling horrid... I don't personally believe that being anxious has to lead to depression, i have suffered with anxiety for many years, but it has never lead to depression (thank goodness) of course, i feel frustrated and fed up, all these symptoms etc do wear you down. It is new to you and is very scary, take things easy, don't try to push yourself too hard, keep as busy as possible, doing things you enjoy or maybe things you don't i.e ironing etc. Have never tried SJW, but give it a chance to work for you. Things will not get better overnight, but, they will definately get better, spoil yourself (if poss) take care and keep in touch xxxxxx

desperate
25-09-05, 16:02
Hi tygwyn,

Try not too think like that.

I'm sure the SJW will help for you. You have caught it early and know it is just anxiety so try not to label yourself as other things too!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

Karen
25-09-05, 17:15
Hi Tygwyn

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low at the moment. There is a big difference between feeling low and fed up and clinical depression. Suffering with anxiety does not automatically lead to clinical depression, even though the anxiety can grind you down and leave you feeling pretty rotten. I don't think you need to start worrying that you are clinically depressed too.

The St John's Wort is likely to take a few weeks to start giving you any full benefits so you need to give this time to work.

In the meantime you could be doing some active relaxation and try to find some ways to distract yourself from these negative and anxiety-provoking thoughts.

It takes time and persistence but you can come through this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Elaine1
25-09-05, 19:44
Hi tygwyn

So very sorry to hear your still having a bad time. My fingers were crossed that you had a good afternoon yesterday.

You may have not realised it, but you have taken a positive step to taking control - Deciding to take SJW - a positive step.

I'm sure your not becoming depressed, you are suffering with anxiety and are still working to begin to control it. It just gets very frustrating, especially on the bad days and we all have those!! One step forward and two backwards etc...

You have alot on your plate at the moment, with all your plans and move that are only a few weeks away.

You have alot to look forward to - all those exciting plans!

As Karen and Carlin have said, keep as busy as possible.

Have you made any plans for the week ahead, if not ring up a couple of friends and see if you could meet up!

Hope this finds you a little brighter.

with love

Elaine

tygwyn
26-09-05, 18:10
Thanks Guys

Had a better evening last night - this morning was a bit of a tough one but I got through it and I'm here to tell the tale!

I realised what had happened to me (I know that I'm not depressed now - just run down and fed up!). Because I got down after reading a few things the other day I decided to put my Claire Weekes book away for a while!! (Big Mistake!). I lost total focus on my recovery and reverted back to my old ways. Now I do feel as though I am back to square one (or possibly 2!) but my focus is back on and thats the main thing. Claire Weekes remains my godess!!!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and good luck with your recoveries too!

Elaine1
26-09-05, 19:49
Tygwyn

Really glad to find you more positive!

Keep reading, it is obviously doing you good.

Take care

Wishing you another good evening.

Elaine

Karen
26-09-05, 21:25
Hi Tygwyn

Glad you are able to recognise where this stemmed from and are feeling a bit better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
27-09-05, 15:30
Hi Tygwyn,

Glad you are feeling brighter keep up the POSITIVE thinking,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X