PDA

View Full Version : life can be rubbish

musicisgood
25-09-05, 16:10
Just when my depression couldn't get any worse my husband has just made it worse, by leaving me a letter telling me he thinks we should divorce and go our separate ways

Karen
25-09-05, 17:02
Hi Musicisgood

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Have you been having problems for a while? Is there any chance of sitting down and talking it over with him.

Depression is really hard for both the person suffering and their partners and families, and sometimes partners don't know how to cope either.

Are you receiving any help from a therapist for the depression?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
25-09-05, 17:51
Welcome Music :)

I am so sorry to hear about the situation with your husband. I hope you have friends with you to help you with this..

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

CJL
25-09-05, 18:30
Hi Music.

I'm going througha similar situation myself. Although we are not married, we are everything but.
One thing i'm starting to realise is that you have to start looking after number one...You.
I know its easier said than done, and TBH, i'm still trying to get my head round it.

But as Karen says, sitting down and talking is a very good idea. I know it has helped me.

trac67
25-09-05, 19:59
Hi Music,
I agree with the others, the best way to deal with this is head on, sit down with your husband and talk to him, try to find out why he feels this way, and if he would be willing to go to relate to try to save your marriage.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

bellabee
25-09-05, 20:01
Hi Music

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your husband. You take care of yourself, and I hope that you are okay

Love B x

clickaway
25-09-05, 22:07
Hi Music,

Welcome - wish your situation was somewhat better at the moment.

I have no experience here, but would concur with others have said - thrash it out with him, and go along to Relate.

In any case, go them yourself if he won't co-opererate.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

meatybuddy
25-09-05, 22:07
hi music

im sorry to hear about what you are going through but i agree with everyone here go for it head on and sit and try and talk things through

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part

Elaine1
25-09-05, 22:14
Hi Music

So very sorry to hear about your husband.

I agree with everyone here, is there any chance for you to sit down and talk to your husband to see why he feels the way he does.

I hope you have friends around you for support.

Also keep posting here, so we can support you as much as possible.

Take care

Elaine

musicisgood
26-09-05, 08:28
thanks for all your replies. I have written (with the help of a friend) a letter back to him. thanks for your support xxx

musicisgood
26-09-05, 08:51
ofcourse, now I am worried that my letter back won't work and that it will go ahead.

pips
26-09-05, 12:11
Thinking of you and hoping you can work things out.

Good luck,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

Antipodes
26-09-05, 12:24
Hi,
I too am saddened to hear about your problem with huisband.

He may be suffering from caregiver burnout, just because he cares but feels ineffective in helping. My wife has seperated about 6 weeks ago but we still care about eachother. It is hard. The situation as we see it is "respite" - a break to recover, without bringing in the horrible stuff like seperation, divorce etc. He may not be aware that there is this option. A good psychologist can help present all this to him in a meaningful way. Hopefully as you get better the relationship can be renewed and restored.

I hope it works out for you.

Antipodes

Sue K with 5
27-09-05, 00:05
Hi

Any marriage break up is hard ! and it is so sad to see someone going through this, try to stay positive no matter what the outcome is ? A break can sometimes be an eye opening experience where you might both discover things about each other which cannot be found when your together! Dont lose faith

Good luck and take care

Sue with 5

scknight