PDA

View Full Version : very strange

LisaLisa
27-07-09, 14:17
Just wondered if anyone could put me out of my misery sligtly with this one.

Every day for the last three days - and i have noticed this before a few days in a row - at around 4pm i get a sickly hot feeling and shakey and it fels like my throat tightens up. It lasts all night until I go to bed and then it goes by the next morning.

Its worrying me,

Can anyone relate to this at all?

Lisa
xxx

tiredOfOcd
27-07-09, 14:22
What are you doing when this happens? How long before 4pm do you have lunch? What do you normally eat?

LisaLisa
27-07-09, 14:30
Well

both times i was slightly stressed i suppose. Well at least wasnt in a position to relax and calm down. Also when it started i added on more worry thinking it was a sign of hiv. and thay my thyroid was playing up. What adds to my worry there was that I noticed the same thing last month when my period finished and that means hiv for some reason to me.......:weep:

On both days i had eaten about three hours before. Lunch was pretty normal mix of stuff, nothing wierd.

Lisa
xxx

tiredOfOcd
27-07-09, 14:37
Well

both times i was slightly stressed i suppose. Well at least wasnt in a position to relax and calm down.

I think you may have figured out the problem.

Also when it started i added on more worry thinking it was a sign of hiv. and thay my thyroid was playing up. What adds to my worry there was that I noticed the same thing last month when my period finished and that means hiv for some reason to me.......:weep:

HIV symptoms have nothing to do with your cycle. They don't get worse or better based on that.

LisaLisa
27-07-09, 15:46
OKay so I am not more stressd than ususal and its just started agaion and its judt brfore 4pm again aaaaagggghhhhh

I hate it, it gives me sore hands too

Lisa
xxx

chantelle
27-07-09, 15:52
Hi Lisa

try to arrange to do something or visit someone in the afternoon, if possible, to distract you from the time. If you can break the habit/cycle it should help.

Take care

Chantelle

carclay
27-07-09, 15:53
hi, i have exactly the same thing. weird as it sounds but eating an apple or drinking apple juice really helps, it takes it away for awhile. the more u stress about it the worse it gets. i just tell myself its because i have been panicking and its a side effect of that. last night i read and cos i was distracted the tightening throat had gone, however, when i realised this and starting panicking again it came straight back. it is always gone when i get up.

also sucking ice cubes or ice lolly makes it disappear but only 4 a short time. my throat also goes really dry and then i start feeling sick. i just drink plenty to help this.

LisaLisa
27-07-09, 16:06
hi, i have exactly the same thing. weird as it sounds but eating an apple or drinking apple juice really helps, it takes it away for awhile. the more u stress about it the worse it gets. i just tell myself its because i have been panicking and its a side effect of that. last night i read and cos i was distracted the tightening throat had gone, however, when i realised this and starting panicking again it came straight back. it is always gone when i get up.

also sucking ice cubes or ice lolly makes it disappear but only 4 a short time. my throat also goes really dry and then i start feeling sick. i just drink plenty to help this.
Gosh, that really sounds just like the same thing! Im so glad that you get it too! Although not for you :doh:

I will try the ice lolly thing. have had the dry throat nearly all day and the tightening. I agree its likeyou can feel it just sitting there waiting for you to panick and bring it on!!

Thank you i will try that. Just sitting infornt of a fan right now and it seems to be helping a little

Lisa
xxx

LisaLisa
27-07-09, 16:07
Hi Lisa

try to arrange to do something or visit someone in the afternoon, if possible, to distract you from the time. If you can break the habit/cycle it should help.

Take care

Chantelle

Thank Chantelle, keeping busy is a good idea i agree. I have a bad habit of not helping myself and just worrying instead

Thanks for reply

Lisa
xxxx
xx

lazzerus
27-07-09, 21:58
I have REALLY similar things going on. My throat feels so dry it feels like a sort of suction at th back of my mouth. Its only releived by eating or chewing gum. I also get the sore hands. The pain seems to radiate up my wrist to my fingers. Also starts in the afternoon. wierd!

As you said I think its stress.

hope you are better

xx

justbananas
27-07-09, 22:11
hmm i don't get the throat thing but my dizziness and anx symptoms do begin around 4. i feel sort of hazy and weird around that time and throughout the evening (unless i'm out, relaxing, or drinking) and continue until i go to bed when sometimes it gets worse. when i wake up in the morning i usually feel great. UGH. i wonder what the time connection is.