PDA

View Full Version : Annoying!!

marcc64
27-07-09, 15:29
Oh god, My muscle twitches have almost vanished :) but now i have a tremor in my left hand :( why is it as soon as you forget about one thing another thing pops up?? anyone else have this? one thing goes and along comes another to worry about :(

LisaLisa
27-07-09, 15:33
Yes absolutly. You start to feel better about one thing and then suddenly something else comes into focus and then that takes centre stage until the next thing then the next.....

The anxiety is the problem not the symptoms. The anxiety is independant of the symptoms and just uses health worry to graze on.

It is no coincidence that everytime you feel better about something , another thing comes along. If it is just bad luck or a coinicdence how come this pattern happens with all HA sufferers?

hmmmmmmm

Lisa
xxxx

marcc64
27-07-09, 15:38
Yeah, first my breathing (thought i had lung cancer) then muscle twitches (MS) pressure in head (brain tumor) it just goes on and on :( surley my body will run out of things to chuck at me? thanks for the reply :)

tiredOfOcd
27-07-09, 15:45
Your body isn't doing this to you.

Your mind is picking up on sensations you feel and assuming the worst.

Your body isn't going to stop. The problem is how you interpret what you feel.

You need to retrain yourself in your reactions.

marcc64
27-07-09, 15:57
Easier said then done ey?? lol

tiredOfOcd
27-07-09, 16:34
Easier said then done ey?? lol

Yes, its much easier said than done.

But, based on my own past experience, if I can tell myself what I'm going thru is due to my OCD/HA and NOT what I'm afraid it may be then it helps the episode pass.

I can get all caught up in "what's that?" and the associated anxiety/panic and attempts to relieve it that I forget what the REAL cause is.

I suspect I'm not alone. If this helps you, then great!

marcc64
27-07-09, 16:43
I know what you mean, like all of a sudden i feel better and convince myself it is to do with anxiety, (lasts a hour or two) then bam!! along comes the doubt again :( i just wish i could feel positive all the time not jus have random spells. thanks for replying.

LisaLisa
27-07-09, 16:49
I know what you mean, like all of a sudden i feel better and convince myself it is to do with anxiety, (lasts a hour or two) then bam!! along comes the doubt again :( i just wish i could feel positive all the time not jus have random spells. thanks for replying.

Apparently the trick is not aiming to convince yourself either way - as in reassure yourself - the brain works in a way with anxiety that as soon as you reasure yourself your brain starts looking for the exceptions - the trick is to sit with the anxiety and dont react to it and eventually your brain will stop freaking you out and causing you to go endlesly back and foward between worried and reasured.

You will not suddenly become 100% reassured about your health, thats not what happens, what happens is it all start to be less important the less you react to the anxiety and eventually it is merged in with normal life like before it all happened!!

lISA
XXX

marcc64
27-07-09, 16:53
Apparently the trick is not aiming to convince yourself either way - as in reassure yourself - the brain works in a way with anxiety that as soon as you reasure yourself your brain starts looking for the exceptions - the trick is to sit with the anxiety and dont react to it and eventually your brain will stop freaking you out and causing you to go endlesly back and foward between worried and reasured.

You will not suddenly become 100% reassured about your health, thats not what happens, what happens is it all start to be less important the less you react to the anxiety and eventually it is merged in with normal life like before it all happened!!

lISA
XXX

Thanks for that :) yeah i will try not to do either. Guess i will just have top sit it out.