PDA

View Full Version : dont know how to cope anymore

dange
27-07-09, 17:00
Hi guys,

I've suffered from OCD for 10 years now, i get thoughts to harm myself, which were mainly under control until recently, when they have turned into really bad urges. I'm absolutely terrified of myself because i used to self harm and i dont know what i'd do if i started again, but the urges are so strong. This is causing me to sink into a depression where i am left feeling "whats the point". I've just switched medication from citalopram to clomipramine (starting tonight) but i'm just really scared that its gona get worse.

Dannii

bottleblond
27-07-09, 17:27
Hi Dannii

If things get bad then please contact one of the following links for help and advice....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38701

I hope things improve for you soon!
Take care
Lisa
x

reallyfedup
27-07-09, 18:04
I took citalopram for 6 months Dec to July this year and my anx and depression got worse and worse until i was suicidal....give the new meds a chance. I am now on venlafaxine and as soon as i got off cital the change in me was phenominal in 3 weeks:hugs: . Maybe you will feel better too, I hope so
xxxx

JaneC
30-07-09, 19:24
Dannii,

I had five very good years on clomipramine. I used to self-harm regularly a while back but on clomipramine it only happened once, at a time when I had begun to feel the drug wasn't working for me AND as a response to something very specific that happened which upset me a great deal.

I don't suffer from OCD but it is supposed to be good for that - hope it works for you.