PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Gilly Bean
25-09-05, 23:10
Hi there everybody. This site is fabulous. I am "ex" anxiety sufferer, or should I say I know how to cope with it now if ever decides to rear it's ugly head! Somebody I know who has anxiety/panic attacks told me about the site and I thought I would pop in and have a look. I think it is amazing and a great comfort to people out there who are suffering. I controlled my very bad anxiety/panic attacks by diversion and distraction and once I knew that it couldn't hurt me went on to recover. I hope that I will be able to offer support and advice to anyone out there who is suffering. [:P]

penumbra
26-09-05, 00:10
Hi everyone

I have suffered from agoraphobi for 4 years now, I guess I was always susesctiple to it as I was always claustraphobic as a child.

however, my big downfall was when I was stalked at work and initially became phobic of trees and everyone I knew including other profesionals just laughed at me.

I don't find it a laughing matter as it has totally destroyed my life and as hard as I try I haven't seemed to get it back

Penumbra x

ycowie

clickaway
26-09-05, 00:11
Hi Gilly,

Really fabulous that you have joined us, and its so good hear from someone who has got through it all.

It would be interesting to hear your story.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

mum2four
26-09-05, 03:33
Hello good to hear you have control again.

My anxiety go's away and come's back with trigger's and then it take for ever to get back the calm again. I dont have huge panic attacks any more but I smaller one that are more frustrating than scarey or worry-some. I still limit my exposure to trigger's just in case but I'm not avoid them full stop. I have so many trigger's or maybe it's that my trigger's are such a part of my life in it self like confrontation and expectation's that i'm finding it a very long process and i feel my life with my kids with be over before i am in full control over my anxiety. To top it all off I have a 6y daughter who is following in my footstep's are far as behaviour which i know now with me that anxiety was the basic cause for the reactions.

I feel like I cant help her till I help my self but yet i cant seem to get past the idea that by asking for help will cuase the reaction's that I'm trying to avoid, there for I will not beable to cope as a mother and do everything my kids deserve from me. Im already dealing with a my son as he asperger's syndrome which has forced me to put my family on a schedule which can be a catch 22 cause it make me feel trapped and anxious while at the same time keeps the peace in my house hold and give's me more strenght to deal with new chanlenge's. It also had a negative reaction on my youngest daughter agde 6y as well.

I compleatly feel like a walking contradiction most of the time. Which cause me to argu with my self which causes the anxiety symptom's. i sick of arguing with my self but i know if i dont the anxiety will take control over me again. Do I make any sence at all i feel like i have a 1000 thing's in my head and dont know if i'm making thing up or if that are my real thought's or what is going on in side my head. Most people tell me i think to much which is a some thing that I dont really need to told cause I already know that i do it.

Did you get better with med's or with out or cause I took my self off zolft over 3 years ago now which I was taking for depression. I was doing well till recently when i had to deal with my son's teacher in regard to his asperger's syndrome and i have been arguing with my for month now about going back on med's or trying to get control with out med's. When i start to thinking about seeing the Dr about my issues my anxiety get's worse but at the same time no matter i think about seeing the Dr for it still get worse and I still cant handle dealing with negative conversation which is stopping me from appling for work which I really want so much. It is also stopping me from finaly getting my driver's licence which is stopping from putting my kids in the school i realy to put them in it also amazingly stopping me from getting a bigger car that i need for my family as we dont have car big enough to fit a family of 6. It has very much put my life on hold to some extent despite my strong erg to final have a life.

I'm having a bad day today but compared to bad day's I have had in the past it's a good day and I alway feel like someone els is in more need for help than me and that asking for help would be selfish to some degree. I know that is some what silly way to think and I my self know exactly what i would say to some one if I heard them say that to them self but I cant stop the thought from entering my head.

Karen
26-09-05, 04:48
Hi Gilly

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

dream
26-09-05, 07:18
hi gilly bean welcome to this site it is great that you now know how to cope with your anxietys would be great full for any more tips where you on any meds would love to know more take care denise xx

denise

Elaine1
26-09-05, 08:26
Hi Gilly Bean

Great to see your post!

Welcome to the site!

As others have said, it's lovely to hear from someone who has recovered. If you want to, it would be lovely to hear a positive story of lows and highs and ultimately, how you have recovered!

Big congratulations to you!

Elaine

jill
26-09-05, 08:27
Hi Gilly

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JULLXXX

lainey
26-09-05, 08:53
Hi Gilly

Welcome to the site

Take care

Elaine x

seh1980
26-09-05, 10:15
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

trac67
26-09-05, 10:21
Hi Gillybean
Welcome to the forum, its good to see a positive posting, it really helps people to know that anxiety and panic can be overcome.
Take care
Trac XX

its "just a thought"

tracyp584
26-09-05, 10:39
Hey Gillybean,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

lin
26-09-05, 10:45
hi Gillybean

welcome to the site!!!! it is great to be on here knowing you are not the only one with problems like this.

take care
linda xx

pips
26-09-05, 11:26
Hi Gilly

A BIG warm Welcome to the site.

Well done you for dealing with it so well. You have done great!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Take care

Meg
26-09-05, 16:27
Gilly ,

Welcome and well done indeed. Glad to hear your good news of having overcome this.

Penumbra- your bit has got a bit lost in here - do please start your own thread in introductions so we can answer you more specifically.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?