PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks!

marcc64
27-07-09, 21:13
Do you remember your first panic attack?? what did you experience when you were having one? what did you do? rush to the A&E? ride it out? post what you felt here?

I certainly remember mine. I was just sitting there in bed trying to drift off to sleep when BAM!!! all of a sudden my breathing became odd, i then started panicking which made it worse, i rushed into my bro room saying "help" it felt really weird, all i could say was help, i thought i was dieing :( i then rushed into my dads room saying "help" it lasted about 5 mins. After i was so shaky and felt such a twit lol ever since then i have lived in fear of having one to that extreme again.

doodah
27-07-09, 22:02
Hello marc,

Well, my first panic attack was way back in 1976 and I remember it well:blush:

I was travelling into town from my house to my then boyfriend's flat, sitting on the top floor of the bus (buses had 2 floors in those days lol) - the bus stopped in the centre of town as usual, 2 stops before it was my turn to get off. I suddenly felt like the bus was falling over and panicked, especially when I looked at all the other passengers who seemed oblivious and were carrying on talking or reading. I made the mistake of standing up immediately and getting off the bus and ran to my boyfriend's flat :( Things got progressively worse for me after that until about 6 or 7 months later when I was prescribed all sorts of weird and wonderful anti-depressants and tranquillisers!

I really wish that I'd have understood back then that I was burning the candle at both ends and that what I experienced on that bus could easily have been put right by a few good nights sleep and healthy eating! Hey ho!

nomorepanic
27-07-09, 22:13
Moving post to panic attack forum