PDA

View Full Version : Please help

PaladinX
26-09-05, 01:29
My question is how does one get diagnosed with anxiety? Do you have to go through a bunch of medical tests first? It seems like anxiety can mimic MANY medical conditions, can make people feel like there is something wrong with them. I saw a doctor, got blood work done, he said im healthy.. Didnt give me an ekg cause he felt i didnt need one, im only 25 years old. But I dont feel right. My head feels weird, i get dizzy feelings.. Its just a horrible weird feeling that comes over me out of no where.. How can i be sure this is anxiety. what do i need to do>?

mum2four
26-09-05, 02:52
I'm 27y and I have suffered anxiety since as long as i can remember. it was not till I was about 20 that i was diagnoised with depression that once treated I reaslied i had alway been suffering from. Then it really wasn't till about year later that i start to think about anxiety being the cause for most of my symtom's. I did not really take my thought of anxiety being the cause till my friend was diagnoised with social phobia and then very recently I started to connect a lot of other nagging little symptom with the anxiety issues.

The best way to find out for sure is to ask your Dr for advice about it. You can kinda work it out your self by looking for partern's in though/behaviour's and your reaction to it. That can often be a catch 22 situation for most people thoe.

I suffer from dizzy spell's and odd little symptom's on a day to day basis but then I have the bigger anxiety issues and i have had some full anxiety reactions.

I think the best thing you could do ir you dont have bad anxiety is monitor your negative thought's and change then to be more positive thought is some way. It is the negative bad thinking that cause's the nagging litle symptom's. If thay get out hand or become automatic thought then anxiety gain's more control over your body. If you feel you have bad anxiety then seeing the Dr about it is a better option. Thay will properly ask lot's of question to get your history to make diagnoise and take it from there to rule out other condition before putting it down to just anxiety.

If you feel that you avoid doing thing incase you get the symptom's then i would be asking for help before you avoid more thing's but if you dont avoid doing thing out of fear of the symtom's that dose not mean you dont have anxiety is just mean's it has not gotten to bad yet.

I hope I helped