PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a (swolen lymphnode) lump under right arm pit

drronnie
28-07-09, 05:55
Since a week I am feeling a lump under my right arm which is a little worrying to me as I am scared that it is a swolen lymph node. Other than that I have no symptoms. My logic tries to tell me the lump feeling comes because I am overweight and there is a lot of fat gathering therefore I am feeling it.

I just had a CBC test last Sunday and the results are good, however this does not help me much and I am still concerned always feeling the urge to observe the "lump"

Lissy43
28-07-09, 15:15
I have these under my arms, my GP said they are fine.

Get it checked if you are concerned but it will be fine im sure.

tiredOfOcd
28-07-09, 15:25
Lymph nodes swell when they are doing their job. Have you hurt your arm in any fashion? That could have started the swelling.

And, just how big is it? Normal is about 1cm. And, is it even a lymph node? There's lots and lots of stuff you can feel under your skin.

drronnie
28-07-09, 15:51
Lymph nodes swell when they are doing their job. Have you hurt your arm in any fashion? That could have started the swelling.

And, just how big is it? Normal is about 1cm. And, is it even a lymph node? There's lots and lots of stuff you can feel under your skin.

It is not really under the skin, more like a big lump and whenever I press my right arm pit together there is a big lumpy feeling. I hope it is just the excessive fat.

tiredOfOcd
28-07-09, 15:59
It is not really under the skin, more like a big lump and whenever I press my right arm pit together there is a big lumpy feeling. I hope it is just the excessive fat.

Its completely possible its a collection of fat called a lipoma.

Stressed32
29-07-09, 01:31
lymph nodes under the arm can swell from something as simple as cutting yourself when you shave.

Alabasterlyn
29-07-09, 10:18
I had a lymph node under my arm swell up for about 6wks after I was stung on my finger by a wasp :ohmy: