PDA

View Full Version : Medication

Karenc
26-09-05, 15:44
Hi everyone

I m a new commer to this site and have had great response form other member in regards to medication? but just when i thought thing were looking up at the weekend I got a panic attack I thought I was dying my legs were aching so I thought i had DVT blood clot the pain was rising upto my thigh I also experienced pain in my shoulder it was really painfull I confinced myself that I must have a blood clot that has travelled to my neck I did try to cope with this but my fear took over so of I went to Doctors who give no reson for pains except to say that I must have tention I felt really stupid he gave me Diazepam and said to relax- I only wish I could i am so frighted of taking medication I have already been prescribed anti depressent (which I am not taking) as I am afraid and now with these other tablets I just dont now what to do?
can anyone give me some advise it really ruining my life

lainey
26-09-05, 15:59
Hi Karen

Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried relaxation as in a nice, warm bubbly bath or lying down and listening to a good relaxation CD ( I found Glenn Harold good ).
How long have you been suffering with panic?
You will get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

Karenc
26-09-05, 16:08
Hi Elaine
Yes I have tried both bath and relaxation tapes no doing much good, I have suffered from anxiety for about 3 months now, I just cant seem to get a grip I have bought every book under the sun but not much is working - I am usally a very active person what with 4 children full time job ect but at moment I cant seem to cope do you think I sould try medication? have or are you taking any? dose it work?

Thanks for replying
Karen C

trac67
26-09-05, 16:16
Hi Karen,
I was like you at first, scared to take any medication, but my anxiety started to get me so down that I 'gave in' and took them. They really did turn my life around, and helped me to battle my anxiety head on.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Meg
26-09-05, 16:24
Karen,

For your pains do try stretching and exercise to get the muscles and tissues moving so the built up tension can be released.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
26-09-05, 16:38
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Elaine1
27-09-05, 08:48
Hi Karen

I have been suffering for 3/4 months with panic attacks and anxiety.

For the first few days, I thought I could manage it, tried rescue remedy, but because of sleep deprivation ended up going to see my gp. I gave into the need for something else and was prescribed some meds. They have been changed, as I have been referred on and am now on citalopram 20mg, which seems to be suiting me.

I was on diazepam as a temporary prop, as other meds kicked in.

I have also been referred for CBT and the two things seem to be helping - 'a work in progress' as I say to myself.

I was quite frightened when I took my first tablet, (I sat there looking at the packet for sometime first), but took it and felt like a weight was being lifted - As I saw it, I had taken my first steps to recovery - perhaps taking a decision for myself again, was beginning to take control of the problem?

Hope this helps a little.

Take care

Elaine

rozza
27-09-05, 11:22
Hey,

Welcome to the site. Medication is good in the sense that it can just build you up enough to help you start facing the anxiety, which on your own you may not be able to do. I know a lot of people worry about taking them but they can help and I like loads of other people had to think hard before making the decision to take them but now I have I do think they're helping.

Good luck,
Roz xx

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

Cinders4
27-09-05, 16:27
Hi, I panic about all what you have mentioned, now you have found this site Im sure you will feel supported and more able to cope.

Welcome x