PDA

View Full Version : possibly been offered a job, panicking..

melancholia555
28-07-09, 17:23
So I could have a job, but this job seems very pressured, I've never done something like this before. Because of the nature of the job it is in indoors, and there are no windows and stuff, and I will be given a lot of responsbility. I am just really stressed, I can't relax, I am looking for any other way of not taking this job but I don't know what to do...

My other choice is maybe to work at a friend of a friends as a waitor, but this again also seems super stressful :( as I don't know them that well, and I don't speak the mother tongue at all so its difficult

I guess my anxiety is related to responsbility and messing up, I get panicky over this stuff like dropping plates, making payment errors etc...

I was wondering whether to go back to my doctor, I am on 120mg propranalol and 20mg citalopram daily, they don't seem to be enough

Help

melancholia555
31-07-09, 16:15
heeeeeeeeeeeelp

i shoul dget this job pending background check.. I am really panicking...

Wtill stronger meds help the anxiety go away?

Jaco45er
31-07-09, 16:18
Hiya 555

Any new job is stressful even for someone who does not suffer from anxiety.

Might be worth having a word with your GP, he may recommend something just to chill you out for the 1st couple of days until you find your feet.

GL

Jaco

Carla louise
31-07-09, 17:01
Hi 555, it is indeed normal to feel anxious-but you are capable of doing the job and you should be supported by colleagues in the early days. You will find that your fears are probably unfounded once you get there, and if they aren't,there is always the option of not staying there-you wouldn't be the first or the last person to do this, but do give it a chance. As regards your potential workload/responsibilities, don't look at the mountain just focus on climbing it, bit by bit, a day at a time. And make sure you go outside on your breaks if you need fresh air. Your doc may give you something to calm you down a bit but you can do this x

31-07-09, 18:44
555...what is the worst thing that can happen? Figure that out, and work on that, because most likely its made up...and if it does come true, there is no way you can't handle it....how do I know this? Because you have handled everything up to this very moment...and you always will

melancholia555
31-07-09, 21:57
Hi...

Several months ago my friend found me a job and I did one day of it with her help, but the thought of her not being there made everything scary and I phoned and quite the next day. was up all night, with terrible anxiety...

I am just constantly anxious at the moment, its really terrible. I am just afraid of screwing up and making mistakes and not being liked, and the pressure. This is where the anxiety comes from. I don't like the way I look either... it all came from that

Okay I'll go see my doctor and see what she says but I might just chicken out and probably become a hermit