PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and indigestion

NoPoet
28-07-09, 19:05
Anyone know what indigestion relief I can take while I'm on cit? Cheers in advance.

sharona
28-07-09, 20:15
Hi

I can recomend gavilast,it brilliant.I got it from asda.You only need to take 1 tablet every 12 hours. Its not cheap but it works.

Its the only thing that got rid of my constant indigestion.

Hope it works.

Let me know

Sharona xxx

suzy-sue
28-07-09, 20:39
Alot of antacid medications are not to be taken with citalopram.If you need something more natural try this link www.natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies (http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies) The ginger one is good stem ginger can be bought in bags from the health food shops and is very good for nausea too.,im sure these will be just or even more effective for long term use .There are plenty to try ,and a lot of them are things you would find in the larder at home . Luv Sue x

NoPoet
28-07-09, 20:47
Is gavilast citalopram-safe?

jimmycrimbo
30-07-09, 11:11
when i use to take cit i use to get bad ind,but my dr gave me a sript for omeprazole after a few day no ind again

NoPoet
31-07-09, 18:12
I've done a bit of research and I cannot find anything that specifically says you can't take Gaviscon with citalopram. In fact I found one instance where someone's doctor advised them to take it.

If anyone is interested in takign Gaviscon I have read that you need to drink half a glass of water after chewing the tablets or taking the liquid form. It doesn't tell you this in the Gaviscon instructions but it does say it on medical websites.