PDA

View Full Version : feeling low..

tracyp584
26-09-05, 16:00
Hey Guys,

Have just had such a bad day, and I am so dissapointed with myself.
I know i should expect blips along the way, but it really hits hard when they happen.

To cut a long story short, I have an issue with the school, and today my son decided to throw a wobbler, which resulted in me having to stay at school for an hour with him:(. I did manage to stay without any embarrassing panics, but it was an effort. I then left and had to go back an hour later to check in on him, and went I got to the gate, i just could NOT make myself go in. I felt really panicked, felt overwhelmingly trapped and just couldn't do it. I did finally go back but with a friend.

I can't really explain it, but i feel this one stressful day has kind of wiped out all my good days, and i'm starting from scratch again?

I don't really know what i'm asking for posting this message, but i just needed to get it off my chest[:I].

Thanks for listening!:D

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

kirgray
26-09-05, 16:05
Hi Tracy

You are not starting from scratch again, different situations make us react differently, this must be quite stressful for you and it was good you friend could go with you for support.

take care XKX

trac67
26-09-05, 16:10
Hi Tracy,
Sorry to hear that you are having a hard day today. I think that we all go through those, i just call them my off days now. If i get one I generally find that the next day I am back to my old self again, and my off day is soon forgotten.
Don't let this knock you back, just keep on pushing forward, its just the anxiety testing you, so dont let it get you down, it will soon realise you are now much stronger than it is.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

hunny
26-09-05, 16:26
Hiya Tracy

This was an off day,thats all.Its expected on the road to recovery.I know its so dissappointing but think of all the good days you have had and i expect that tomorrow will a good one too,and if it isnt,hey ho,there will be plenty more to come.
You are doing really well,dont let this little blip upset you.

Hugs

Hunny x

clickaway
26-09-05, 16:30
Hi Tracy,

I think so many of us know how you feel when when ONE bad day feels like you have never had ANY good days.

You're right, it's a blip, even though a ****** annoying one.

We just have to accept that this is how it goes on the way to getting BETTER.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

desperate
26-09-05, 16:31
Hi Tracy,

You still have all that knowledge of the good days in you so I am sure that this little problem won't stop you!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Karenc
26-09-05, 16:32
Hi Tracey

If it helps my day hasint been that good neither my son who is 11 is being unberable he is so demanding and with this anxiety and panic attacks I feel drained and not able to cope, but each day is new and some days are better than others - we just have to learn to cope and hope thing will get better otherwise we would give in, I think this forum is a good way of being able to share our up and downs and help each other

Take care (we could swap sons)

Karen c

Meg
26-09-05, 16:38
Tracey - Blip.

If you can go one minute and then not - it is a blip.

You did exactly the right thing by asking for some aupport and going again and doing it.

Instead of seeing it as doom and gloom - You did really well and see it just as it is - something you faced and did.

Have a ponder on what thoughts were going through your mind when you went back that stopped you going in .. what were the fears ??

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Elaine1
26-09-05, 16:43
Hi Tracey

Can identify with you on this one - your going along fine and then WHAM - something (the anxiety [}:)] rears its ugly little head and puts you back again.

This is all that has happened today, a blip on the road to recovery - but you are probably through the worst already and hopefully feeling a little brighter.

How old is your son. I have 2 boys, 11 and 13 and they can still throw a wobbler, typically first thing in the morning when I seem to struggle the most and I can not deal with them.

For some reason, I too had a bad morning today, just didn't feel quite all there, but got boys off to school and met a friend for a walk, which helped lift me.

Remember, you are not starting from scratch, we all have days where things seem more difficult!

Hope this finds you feeling a little brighter and tomorrow is better for you.

Take Care

Elaine

Sax
26-09-05, 16:45
Hi Tracy

I am really sorry to hear you are having a hard day and yes they do hit hard when they come! However, believe in yourself and you will feel a bit lighter tomorrow - the blips don't last as long I expect because of how well you have done and how you are certainly not back to starting from scratch.

Your good days are achievements and your blip days are just temporary pauses I believe and you will not stay in pause mode for long.

I think i'm waffling sorry but just offering my support and I hope you feel better really soon.

You are doing so well to offload and express your thoughts!

take care

Sax xx[8D]

tracyp584
26-09-05, 16:57
Thanks guys!

Karenc, - don't think you'd want to swop!! He's a lovely 6yr old, who some say is full of beans!! Say no more!!

Meg,- The thoughts running through my head were all the what ifs. basically there was a group of people in the playground and the situation felt too much, and all i could think of was how awful it would be to lose the plot in front of them i guess. Which after 4 weeks of CBT, you would think I'd know better! Oops!

To everyone else that replied, a BIG thanks for all your support, it really makes a difference. Just to get some reasurrance from people that know EXACTLY what you are going on about!!

thanks,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Meg
26-09-05, 18:27
*Which after 4 weeks of CBT, you would think I'd know better! Oops!*

CBT may be superb but its not a miracle and your mind is very strong.. its going to take some practice and reinforcement exercises. Don't be so hard on yourself Tracy. Little steps.

Good though that you recognised what it was .. thats great .

Think about how taking a friend helped you with this .. what did she do to help or how did you think differently that helped ??? now think in CBT lingo..

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Karen
26-09-05, 21:20
Hi Tracy

Sorry to hear you've had a bad day. I agree with others who have posted here that this is a blip and you are not back to square one at all. As horrible as it is when it happens, you have now learned too much to be right back at the beginning again.

Even if you had a wobble, you sought out some support and went back again which is great.

You will get past this blip and back to where you were fairly quickly.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
27-09-05, 08:16
Hi Tracy, hope today is better for you, love Alexis,xx

Alexis

Piglet
27-09-05, 09:28
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
quote:
I can't really explain it, but I feel this one stressful day has kind of wiped out all my good days, and I'm starting from scratch again.

I don’t know why we always do this to ourselves, but we do. We allow one tiny setback wipe out days of successes. I wonder why it’s so difficult to do the opposite – allow one positive step forward to wipe out days of problems???

Nigel

<div align="right">Originally posted by Nigel - 26 September 2005 : 21:11:24</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I do this too.

I could also really understand how you felt about the thought of losing it in front of the people in the playgound (boy do I understand that feeling).

It's all a matter of keeping things in perspective (I'll let you know when I've managed it on a regular basis). Like quite a few people I had a sort of off day too yesterday.

We have to see blips though for what they are, rather than suddenly deciding 'oh well that's it then'. Piglet does a dramatic hands up in the air action.

We must try to remember to build in an allowance for them - after all we are allowed bad days the same as everyone else. I havent had to use my allowance for a few months so I have a few bad days in reserve should I wish to use them.

Love Piglet :)

tracyp584
27-09-05, 10:32
Thanks Nigel,Karen,Alexis and Piglet,

I have woken up today still feeling a bit awful (oops,not allowed to use that word, my cbt would smack my hands!) Not awful, just on edge. I still struggled with school, and now i'm home alone i feel really odd. Like I'm here but not really.

I have just sat down and gone through my rational statements but can't put my finger on whats wrong. Just wish I could kick myself up the bum and JFDI.
Sometimes I think maybe I just look for problems. I mean yesterday wasn't great, but I certainly have had worse days, yet still can't seem to pick myself up.

Am gonna chuck some music on and try throwing myself into housework!

tracy x x

mirry
27-09-05, 10:51
Hi Tracey,

The worst thing to do is concentrate on your bad day, as soon as you do this you start feeding your fears (not easy i know).

Put all your concentration into your good days and work really hard at keeping your mind OFF your panics.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

mirryx

chucklehound
27-09-05, 10:57
Hi Tracy,

Try not to beat yourself up if you struggle to do things without feeling crappy. It's very difficult, but it lots better to concentrate on the good things that you manage to do, whether you struggled to do it or not.
I really think that you did well to go to the school in the first place.
I hope that you are having a better day.
Take Care
Chucklehound
xxx
Well done!!

rozza
27-09-05, 14:01
Hey Tracy,

You just gave me some good advice about knowing that it's only a blip so take that advice yourself hun! And also go buy a heat magazine and some maltesers, mmmmmmmm.

I hope you're feeling better today.

Roz xx

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

Karen
27-09-05, 16:08
Hi Tracy

Good that you are managing to stay positive despite not feeling your best. This is just a blip and you will get through it and back to where you were again.

Keeping yourself occupied will definitely help avoid focusing on those negative thoughts.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tracyp584
27-09-05, 16:44
HEY!

Have managed to pull myself together a bit this afternoon. I had a friend round and have kept my mind occupied. I did go back to school to pick kids up, and ended up with 2 extra! So i am definately keeping my mind off things!!

Rozza- Isn't it funny how you can give advice but never can seem to apply it to yourself! DURRRR!!

Thanks again everyone, you are the best group of friends EVER!!

tracy x x

tammyg
27-09-05, 18:12
Glas to hear you're having a better time now. Wow... 2 extra LOL you really do have your hands full!! Remember how happy you feel now if this happens again. You did just great!

Tam x

Meg
27-09-05, 18:49
Well done Tracy.. you did great.

Meg

Karen
27-09-05, 19:32
You did brilliantly Tracy. Well done!

Karen