PDA

View Full Version : Ladies - implanon

pd
28-07-09, 22:46
Ok this is the third health worry I've had in the last 5 days...

I'm wondering if anyone's got any experience with implanon? I was constantly afraid of getting pregnant and I figured that the implant was a 99.99999% idiot proof contraceptive (I'm rubbish with pills).

I had the implant put in about 3 months ago and since then have gained over half a stone, gained a cup size, got sore, tender breasts and irregular random bleeding...

I've been without pregnancy worries since the implant went in, but now I'm concerned that I was in the early stages of pregnancy when it went in and the weight gain etc are symptoms of that that I'm mistaking for implanon side effects.

If anyone else has had an implanon implant, did you have these side effects? Am I panicking about nothing? (As usual lol) Or could I possibly be pregnant without knowing about it yet?

My worries are getting more and more ridiculous lately, sorry if this seems silly.

LisaLisa
29-07-09, 16:43
Hiya

I have never had that implant but it is just the same as any hormone based contraceptive, it uses steroid hormones, progesterone to work and progesterone is the main hormone that maintains a pregnancy so it makes total sense that the implant is giving you similar symptoms.

Have you asked the person that fitted it if it will get better after its been in longer?

I have lots of trouble with hormones and pillls blah blah

Maybe there is too much homones in if for you?

Lias
xxxx

angietomjimandcass
29-07-09, 19:37
I have had it over 2 years and in the first few months you get badf boobs and no period, dont worry xx

kafebrown
29-07-09, 20:07
Im on my second implanon and what you're descrbing sounds perfectly normal! My periods are still very random, after 4 years! They come every few months and last anything from a few days to a couple of weeks. Weight gain is also a known side effect. Try not to worry. Have you had a check up since having the implant inserted? I had one three months after. Sure you're fine. Try not to worry! Angela x

pd
29-07-09, 22:48
Thanks everyone who replied. :)

I know logically I can't be pregnant, but it's one of those little worries that won't leave me alone! I haven't had a check up, I really should. I like the idiot-proof-ness of it, like the side effects less!