PDA

View Full Version : Derealization

Ashley107
29-07-09, 03:37
hey :) im new to forum and just got an issue that is really getting annoying now. I was recently rushed to hospital with very fast heart palpitations and thought it was something serious, the hospital notified me that there was nothing wrong with me and ever since i have been gradually been getting better with symptoms of tiredness, headaches, aches and pains throughout the body and so on. But that was a month ago, and i feel much better now but at the moment i got something really annoying me i feel as if im suffering from derealization as i feel at times im not in my own body and that words make sense to me but when i think of them to myself i feel as if i dont have a clue what im on about (Confusing i think:blush:). As i suffered from Anxiety i assumed a month ago and rarley today that i have a brain problem..Also im 15 going onto 16 and wondering Hormones have anything to do with this?

SarahP
29-07-09, 07:55
Hi Ashley

This is almost exactly what I'm struggling with at the moment. Derealisation is a typical symptom of anxiety, and I think it comes about as a result of spending so much time worrying about how you feel and watching yourself. I mentioned it to my counsellor the other day and she said she'd seen plenty of people with something similar. Unfortunately, she didn't have time to go into how to deal with it before the end of the session. When I have some advice I'll let you know!

Just wanted you to know you're not alone in this! Also, I'm 22 and I'm pretty sure I had my first experience of derealisation when I was 6 (not that I knew that was what it was!) so I don't think hormones affect it, although if your hormones are making you feel more emotional they may affect how you react to the feeling I guess.

Keep smiling :)

Sarah x