PDA

View Full Version : Intollerant to Fluoxine?

siobhanc
29-07-09, 08:47
Hi there,

I had suffered from moderate to severe deppression for 10 years from the age of 13 but didnt do anything about it. Then had no deppresion for 3 years, which was great and i assumed i had just grown out of it.
I was really happy and then out of the blue i got hit with anxiety, i dont even know why really, i was feeling great before that, but maybe it was my past problems catching up.

Anyway i suffered with general anxiety for nine months, going through bad periods of felling sick all the time and scared of absolutely everything,
and some better periods of not feeling anxious constantly and being able to do day to day tasks, but still an overall general anxiety and fear in the bigger picture.

My doctor asked me if i wanted to try prozac, and i said yes, even though i was reluctant in past, i felt really good about it and really thought it would work. Dont know why i was so sure, i guess because i wasnt too deppressed anymore i thought it might just lift my mood and help with anxiety.

The strange thing is i have been taking it for two months now and i dont feel any different, good or bad. My only side affects are a bit of muscle twitching and stranger sleep patterns but other than that i feel no different. I Have only started to get those side affects recently, i found it really weird that in the first month i felt nothing. Does anyone think that if it is going to work for you then it should have some negative side effects too? Does anyone think that someone can just be intollerant?

I dont know if i should carry on or switch to something else. Has anyone only felt an effect after two months?

Thanks for your time

Siobhan :)

NoPoet
29-07-09, 10:57
Whoops, double post, go here: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55026