PDA

View Full Version : Worried

Dreicht
29-07-09, 11:39
Hi, new here, found this website a few weeks ago when I was looking at the side effects for Citalopram.

I was prescribe Citalopram 2 weeks ago and have felt nauseous every day along with other side effects which I've been blogging about, went back to my doctor today and he prescribed Fluoxetine instead. I've now been reading about the side effects of this and it seems worse than Citalopram, I'm especially worried about the higher percentage of people who have nausea symptomns related with taking the medication. I know I'm paranoid but I can't help but think if one medication made me feel nauseous then surely the other will too.

Also worried that maybe I didn't stick it out on Citalopram for long enough and is there any problem with taking 1 medication today then suddenly changing to a new 1 tomorrow. My doctor doesn't seem to think so but I just can't stop thinking what if:scared15:

Thanks

tracy12
30-07-09, 00:35
21 days on fluoxetine now and symptoms are easing a little, it was realy bad the first 14 days, hang in there is what everyone say's and its great reading all the forums as ive found im not alone.

JaneC
30-07-09, 18:47
Dreicht, I have my fingers crossed for you. Try to remember not everyone has a bad experience of fluoxetine. When I first took it some years ago I had nothing but a few days of waking up at 5am and a bit of dry mouth.

Just gone back on it and it's a bit worse this time, I assume because I have just come off clomipramine. When I phoned my doc yesterday to see if I could go down from 20mg to 10mg as a starting dose, he offered me citalopram instead - and I said no because I'd read so many bad things about it!

I had several good years on Prozac first time around - good luck.

Dreicht
30-07-09, 20:05
Thanks for the replies, had my first day on Fluoxetine and whilst I had some nausea and a few minor complaints it was a lot better than Citalopram, less nausea and no excess sweating woo.