PDA

View Full Version : scared myself to death now

rebeccad
29-07-09, 12:36
OMG i have just been on the ms website and dizzness and feeling off balance is a very common symtom,i dont know why i do it to myself but i now feel worse than ever. Do many of you suffer this light headed feeling? Please can someone reply im going out of my mind with worry, i dont know how to stop myself going onto these websites its like i have some sick addiction!!!!

bottleblond
29-07-09, 12:53
Rebecca

Those are also symptoms of anxiety.

You should really try to stop using that site as you are just feeding your anxiety :doh: Lol

Lisa
xxx

tashbarnes87
29-07-09, 13:33
rebecca, i too had awful dizzyness for 3 weeks i felt drunk & like i was walking to the side it was terrifying but it has just gone you need to take your mind off it and it will get better. How is it at the weekend or when your busy? x

rebeccad
29-07-09, 13:36
its just been the same really it does seem to come and go every now and again, but i have also had a cold and when i swallow i can hear clicking in my ears maybe it could be fluid, but there is no way i can go docs as he thinks im a loon i think the next step is he either throws me out the surgery or has me locked up. Its such a scary place to be in:-(

tashbarnes87
29-07-09, 14:28
i reckon its this

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Labyrinthitis/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

LisaLisa
29-07-09, 15:43
OMG i have just been on the ms website and dizzness and feeling off balance is a very common symtom,i dont know why i do it to myself but i now feel worse than ever. Do many of you suffer this light headed feeling? Please can someone reply im going out of my mind with worry, i dont know how to stop myself going onto these websites its like i have some sick addiction!!!!

Aw Rebecca your okay really you are.

Its so common with the health anxiety to be complusive and obsessive with looking at the information about the thing that we fear, but it is the worst thing tha we could do.

In the circumstances it is soooooooooooo more likely that you are dizzy due to anxiety rather than a physical ilness. When you read that stuff you send yourself into a panic and anxiety cycle and then you are not able to rationalise that you dont have this illness or another one that you fear.

You are very afraid of that ilness and it has caught your attention so much that your thoughts are 'stuck' on it and yuo cant see the facts properly and you are distorting your 'symptoms'. Believe me we ha sufferers are all the same. I have looked back through this siote and have never read even one single post froma person who actually had MS when they thought they had all these symtoms.

With health anxiety we are constantly researching and trying to prove that we have an ilness or that we dont but we are not going to settle on either 'we do' or either 'we dont' , you will not suddenly find the information that you seek or come to an amazing conclusion that comforts you 100% so you can forget it. It doesnt work that way with obsession and anxiety. What you need to do is move your focus away totally from trying to satisfy your desire to find a solution to your health worries. To do this you have to allow the 'triggers' to come and go and not react to them. You 'sit' with the anxiety and dont do any reasurance behaviours ie, internet, checking your body or symtoms, asking people for reassurance.....etc and what happens is your brain stops alerting you that their is a problem and it is MS and then you start to get through it !!

You have many many symptoms of anxiety and very weak generic symtpoms that might occur in MS and might also occur in even a common cold, your instincts are wrong , your fear is a false message that is caused by the stress you are feeling

Lisa
xxxx

pammy1944
29-07-09, 16:03
My antidepressants make me feel like that reb

rebeccad
29-07-09, 16:28
the thing is i dont take any, doc prescribed amitryptiline but they made me feel off the planet,

mandie
29-07-09, 16:37
Hi Rebecca

I suffer from lightheadness so much when my anxiety is bad.

The past few days have been awful

mandie x

rebeccad
29-07-09, 16:50
thanks so much everyone

jessicalittler79
20-08-10, 02:49
omg hun ive been bad with dizzness for 3 days now i came here looking for help also...tc hun hope u feel better soon