PDA

View Full Version : SJW dosage

desperate
26-09-05, 22:40
Sorry if this has already been covered i tried a little search though! [:I]

Just wondering what the supposed dose of SJW is? I have read on various web-sites 900mg, but then my packet is 340mg once a day?!

I don't get it at all, mine doesn't have a % on it or anything either, is this important? It's just from Superdrug...an own brand thing?

Thank you!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

vernon
27-09-05, 08:54
Hi des My son took these but not sure what dose. Do they have a web address you could mail and ask? or even ask for a phone number for help from the store. sorry cant help anymore, Take care. Vernon

vernon
27-09-05, 08:59
Hi Desprate, this is there web page . there is a email and contact there. mail them what you put in the post. let us know how u got on. take care. Vernon

http://www.superdrug.com/contact.php

vernon
27-09-05, 09:00
just looked again there is a free telephone number too

Parker
27-09-05, 10:28
Hi.

There was an article in the Sunday Times this week on St Johns Wort. Basically is said you should start at 300 mg and then increase the dose to up to 900 mg / day over a couple of months. I'm currently taking 600 mg a day.

Hope this helps.

desperate
27-09-05, 10:42
Thanks for those replies!

I just got a bit worried coz it said one a day on the packet but i will ring that number Vernon thank you, how are you getting on with yours Parker?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

lainey
27-09-05, 17:59
Hi
#I take SJW, Boots own brand-one a day and have done so for the last 12 months,they have certainly helped me.

Take care
Elaine x

desperate
27-09-05, 18:59
Thanks Elaine,

Does it say about the dosage on it at all?

Parker
28-09-05, 10:02
Hi desperate.

I think St Johns Wort helps on a day to day basis, but if I have a bad day then the anxiety feels as bad as it ever was. But then it does seem to help in that I have less bad days.

desperate
28-09-05, 16:45
Thanks Parker,

I know it isn't a magic cure and is prob less effective than SSRIs and things, i've started on one a day 340mg and will take them for this month i think.

seh1980
28-09-05, 17:48
They're definitely worth a go Desperate. I was on them for 3 weeks and felt better already by then but had to come off them because they gave me a rash. Good luck with them!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

desperate
28-09-05, 18:14
Thanks Sarah,

That's good to know, i've had some bad experiences on SSRIs as you may remember.

So fingers crossed really!