PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I am falling

Meg37
29-07-09, 17:00
Hi I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone can relate to a feeling I have with my anxiety. I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since 2003 and it is largely health related but in general it can be about anything! for about the last 5 years on and off I have a sensation that I am going to fall towards the right. I never ever have but this overwhelming feeling results in me walking strangely. I end up walking as close to the left as I possibly can. So if I am in the shopping centre I cannot walk down the centre of the aisle, I have to walk right up against the left hand side. Sometimes I try and make myself walk down the centre but I end up kind of shuffling with my left leg until I end up against the wall. Its also really difficult to walk next to anyone with them on my left because the open space to my right makes me feel strange. I know this might not make much sense the way I have described it but I was hoping that it might resonate with someone else. Any support will be most pleasantly received :) .

Ashley107
29-07-09, 20:10
Hello :)
I suffer from anxiety and what you are saying is similar to what i had and im sure many other people have had this feeling, When i had this feeling i felt fine at times then all of a sudden i feel like i could not stand up at all and it felt like the right side of my body was very heavy. I thought i was the only one suffering with this but seems to be majority of people who suffer from anxiety have this feeling. As of now i feel a lot better, i dont have this feeling anymore and to get rid of it i just sort of ignored the feeling and got on with whatever i had to do :) Easier said than done but i'm sure it will go away in time without you focusing too much on it. So your not alone :)

Meg37
29-07-09, 21:55
Thank you for the reply :) I appreciate it. I'm glad i'm not the only one because sometimes it can feel like you are. it does seem like its probably tense muscles that initially start it off and because im anxious I start obsessing about it and make it so I can hardly walk. It usually comes and goes but I thought I had conquered it as it hasnt really happened for about a year but I guess these things always happen when you least expect it!