PDA

View Full Version : Pressure in head and neck

VictorJoubert
29-07-09, 20:50
Hi all

I have been having pressure in my head and neck for a few months now. Im not sure what is causing it but it is worrying my. I do suffer from anxiety and I am on Sertraline to help me cope. It is only on the left side and not all the time sometimes in my face too. It doesn't hurt, its only pressure. I was feeling a bit tired yesterday and had a energy drink and it seemed to have amplified it. I have noticed that when I drink coffee and stuff like that it makes it worse.
Any ideas whats causing this?

monkeybutler
30-07-09, 05:50
could be the caffeine, which i believe both dehydrates you and is a vasodilator, so it may be causing pressure that you feel.
i wonder if the energy drink had guarana in it?
i don't like getting the head pressure feeling, sometimes like a headache that lasts only a second or two.

Ashley107
30-07-09, 21:35
Hey :),
Well i experianced pressure behind my head and eye(if that relates) for about 2-3 weeks, i ignored this feeling and now i feel much better, it's easier said than done but if you try to keep occupied for a few days then im sure it will go away by itself with you ignoring it.

magpie girl
30-07-09, 22:03
hi i got this for about 4 weeks solid,mine was anxiety,and coffee just adds to the problem,caffine seems to make the symptoms worse. i only got it on the right side,but it cleared when i started to use distraction and do something when it came on

tim73
30-07-09, 23:41
I'd cut out the coffee or switch to decaf, and the energy drink will have caffeine in it too probably.

Anyway. I get something similar I think from time to time (and I've been off caffeine for a while). I call it a "dull" head feeling. Kind of like pressure and/or just general heavy dull and lethargic feeling in the head. It's a bit like having a hang over but without a headache. Horrible really.

Seems to vary where it is, but remains in one area for the day or a couple of days. Yesterdays was on the left rear of the head, accompanied by neck pains. I think that's likely muscle tension due to general anxiety issues.

Today the neck pain had gone but I've had a general dull head feeling.