PDA

View Full Version : oh I'm scared now :eek:

daisycake
29-07-09, 21:06
have had really bad diarrhoea tonight and feel a bit sick, slightly sore head - but I read somewhere (dreaded google) that this could be indicative of a brain tumour? My mum's now refusing to help me - she says she can't understand why I get so worried, and she doesn't want me to phone NHS 24 again (apparently it's embarrassing for her...) Please help :sad:

daisycake
29-07-09, 21:14
oh god, I've googled it again - and am now panicing because my face feels tingly and I've got like a pressure feeling in my head; everything's adding up now, my sore eyes - I'm sure it's all related?

bottleblond
29-07-09, 21:26
Daisy

Calm down hun!! That is defo NOT a brain tumour.
It is more than likely to be a bug of a virus but definately NOT a brain tumour.
Drink plenty of water and try to relax!
You will be fine
Lisa
xxx

RosieXXX
29-07-09, 21:37
Hello daisycake,

Stay away from google; it will throw up all sorts of frightening conditions related to a huge range of varied innocuous symptoms - you can type in virtually anything and it will come up with an alarming diagnosis.

Health anxiety makes us concerned about all sorts of symptoms, and it is difficult for us to accept them as normal. I wonder if you have asked your doctor to refer you for cbt. This therapy can help you understand your thought process, and change irrational thoughts. I hope you will be feeling better soon, please try not to worry.:)

LisaLisa
30-07-09, 10:12
Hi

Rosie and Bottleblonde are totally right. You are in the horrible google cycle. Please beleive that its is causing the problem not helping it. Try very hard to stay away from google becuase your mind is not in a place where it can interpret what you are reading correctly. When you have health anxiety looking up symptoms is like deliberately putting salt into a wound that will heal nicely if left alone.

Dont do it. You are okay and google may be usefull for some but for HA sufferers it really is all a lot of sh** that might as well be in a foreign language............

Lisa
xxxx:hugs: