PDA

View Full Version : I'm on a roll..ANOTHER thread..thyroid lump?

Wee-Mee
29-07-09, 21:43
Some one help.I really need reassurance. I'm in a bad bad place.

I don't do anything by halves anyways.. :weep:

I scratched my neck and it feels like there is atiny lump at the left hand side along where your thyroid and windpipe are.

The left side of my throat feel llike there is a lump in it and when I ate earlier food was catching! :weep:

I am NOT googling but someone help.

RosieXXX
29-07-09, 21:53
Calm down Wee-Mee, your mind is flitting from one thing to another. It is easy to feel all sorts of lumps and bumbs in the neck area. Also it is a classic symptom of anxiety to sense a lump in the throat; I know because i had this for months. I am pleased you are not googling - promise yourself you will stay away from it.

anxious
29-07-09, 22:01
Hi there,

if you ever worry about your neck, throat etc you will automatically think you have trouble eating/swallowing. The lump in the throat thing is a very common anxiety symptom.
You need to break the cycle....stop looking for things.....stop feeling what you think you have found. If you feel again when you are in a calm state you probably won't even know where it was.
We have lots of lumps,bumps,muscles,tendons in our necks that are perfectly normal.
Concentrate on breaking the cycle, it works,

anx xx

Wee-Mee
29-07-09, 23:26
I do feela lump,it isn't big but it is deaf different to the other side :weep:

if it was highger i would have said it was a gland but it isn't its like next to my windpipe :weep:

LisaLisa
30-07-09, 12:10
I do feela lump,it isn't big but it is deaf different to the other side :weep:

if it was highger i would have said it was a gland but it isn't its like next to my windpipe :weep:
Weemee
there is a lot of stuff in there to do with your voice box and it is not even on both sides. I went through all this with my dr before went in demanding she feel my thyroid lump, which was infact part of my voice box. There are tonnes of glands around there too that can come up and down for any reason or nothing. The neck apparently is not symmetrical at all.

When i was worrying aboutmy thyroid i convenced myself that all my food was getting stuck and i couldnt swallow. gooogled and off we went into complete and utter unnessesary health anxiety. I got an unltrasound of my thyroid - but only becuase i had had a harmless thyroid cyst years beofre an d by telling my dr i could feel something catching when i swallow they arranged the ultrasound incase it was back - anyway they found nothing and the ultrsound dr started asking me about stress surpsise surprise.

The globus hysterious thing definately kicked in for me with the thyroid
rubbish.

Hope that helps

Lisa
xxxx

Catalyst girl
30-06-11, 00:48
Hi there

I have never posted on a forum before, and i signed up for this one as your question was one i looked at and just had to reply to.:)

Yesterday morning before going for my fine needle asperation to check for thyroid cancer i was in a bit of a panic for info.:ohmy:

i saw your post and also looked at a utube video.(bad move) the video showed a lady getting it done and it looked horrid,:scared15: this is NOT the case with mine.

I went in and was given a local then using a normal looking needle (the utube showed a big white divice with a needle) the local hurt as they do when the liquid goes in (3-4 seconds only i know i counted lol) then as i watched the screen (you dont have to) it was slow purposfull movements and pictures where taken from the screen buy a nurse when the doc said to.

the pathologist was present to see when they had taken enough cells, this was 2 needles in my case, they dont do more than 3 in a visit.

i did not feel a thing at all (relief):yahoo:

my stress was unnessisarily multiplied as i had watched that utube and had to travel 250km alone to go through it.im usually a strong woman (ex career firefighter).

it was an easy proceedure the way the doctor did mine so please dont stress.truth is id rather that than the cervicle we all do.:winks:it was that simple

I took the next day of work so as to get more tests done (blood) but you dont have to.but dep on your job do it

my voice was a bit of a whisper and i was a bit uncomfortable (no pain) but that passed this morning im back to the usual chatterbox.

I can't belive i almost made myself physically sick with worry and drove all the way there wiping my cold clammy hands lol.

it really can be just a simple proceedure, maybe ring and ask yourself if you are worried just how they do it

Im sorry it is a long post, but i hope to save any other lady from the stress (lets face it, it's a test so you are already stressing at the findings arnt you? dont stress over the test!!!)

I wish you the best of luck.it's day 2 and its not comfortable to shiver, cough, sneezee ect, but it does NOT hurt.im guessing there is a bit of swelling, but i have a 6cm lump there and you may not so it could be even easier.

:bighug1:Take care of you.