PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety - headache?

trulybatty
30-07-09, 08:07
Hi there, I do suffer from anxiety and panic attacks which I thought I had under control. The last few weeks have been a bit stressful and I have had a horrendous headache on the right hand side of my head. I thought it might have been dehydration but am drinking loads of water and trying to stay off the caffeine neither of which is making any difference. I had a panic attack during exercise a few weeks ago but nothing since then. Do you think it is possible that it is caused by anxiety and stress? Has anyone else had it?

Thanks again!

TB

cathytink3rb3ll
30-07-09, 08:53
Last week I had a headache for about 3 days and no amount of Paracetamol or anadin seemed to help!
In the end I got someone to give me a shoulder massage and I realised that there was so much tension in my shoulders that it was leading up to my head. After this the headache was still there but I felt so much more relaxed and that I knew where the tension was coming from.

Try a massage :) even if the tension isnt there it will certainly relax you lots!

tim73
02-08-09, 17:48
Certainly a common symptom of anxiety, but then I've learnt just about everything is a symptom of anxiety :D.

That can be worrying then also as you start to think, "is this just anxiety or is it something else?", and get frustrated that the doctor just says it's anxiety and sends you on your way (though they're probably right).

Anyway, got the headache thing today that's been going since yesterday. Seems each day I have something different. Mines on the right side and behind they eye this time. Earlier in the week I had one which was on the left at the back of my head which I'm certain was tension as my neck ached and the headache would be most noticeable when I turned my neck.

I've tried paracetamol today but it's not making any difference. The kind of headache I get is a dull ache that isn't always noticeable. It's not especially painful, but it's enough to make me lethargic and sometimes queezy.

pd
02-08-09, 23:56
I find that when you're suffering from anxiety, you tend to be physically quite tense a lot of the time. Tension causes headaches. I tell myself that whenever I get a headache to ward off fear that something more serious is happening.

tim73
03-08-09, 00:07
Well, I'm more relaxed now and guess what? Headache's gone.