PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Welsh.Baz
30-07-09, 10:30
Well i've had anxiety on and off for a couple of years now, but i'm getting close to being anxiety free again, just getting the odd day here and there where it's playing up :)

Not currently on any 'long term' medication, I have some Diazepam to take if needed, and i'm on omaprezole for the horrible acid i've been getting, which i've put down to the anxiety :)

Had a 'First Access' thingy, where I was told it was a mild form of anxiety, but they don't want to see me again because i'm getting there by my own methods and self help guides, though I have reffered myself to a mind control thingy, but that has a 6-10 week waiting list pfft.

I'd say the main symptoms I get are: Chest pain, tingling, muscle twinges/spasms, disrupted sleep patterns, panic attacks along with the odd palpitation, granted I don't get all at the same time, but these, when happening, are enough to be annoying.

Well I think that covers everything, so i've just joined, well as a place to speak to others that have/are experiencing the same thing. See you around the forums :yesyes:

lorac
30-07-09, 11:59
Hi

Welcome to the site, I think you will find some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Veronica H
31-07-09, 09:40
:welcome: Baz. Glad that you have found us. If you have not yet done so you might want to look at a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can't recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. This is a friendly place with great support.

Veronica

pammy1944
31-07-09, 09:45
WElcome to the site .there are some lovely people on here .........well done and good luck xx