PDA

View Full Version : Heres the vitamins I take every day - how about?

tygwyn
27-09-05, 15:53
Well I thoughts I'd try and find out if I am taking anything different to anyone else and if maybe someone else is taking something that could help me! Here's a list of what I take on a daily basis.

Omega Oils 3+6+9 500mg - 1 capsule (Holland & Barratt)

B100 Vitamin B Complex - 1 tablet (Holland & Barratt)

Magnesium 300mg - 1 tablet (Sainsburys)

Zinc 15mg - 1 tablet (Sainsburys)

Vitamin C 1000mg with Bio Flavoroids Timed Release - 1 tablet (Holland & Barratt)

Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg (90mg GLA) - 1 capsule (Holland & Barratt)

I have only been taking most of these for just over a week and the magnesium & zinc I only started today. I'm not on any medication (bad reaction to Citalopram!) and was considering starting St Johns Wort but I'm still pondering that one.

How about you guys? What are you taking? (if you don't mind me asking that is!)

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

seh1980
27-09-05, 16:00
You certainly seem to be taking all the right things. I only take Cod Liver Oil..:D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Meg
27-09-05, 16:57
When you've taken a month of the Vit B you can drop down to 1 every other day.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

eeyorelover
27-09-05, 19:17
hi there :)
I am taking 1000 mg of calcium,400 mg of magnesium,1 tablet B50 B complex,250 mg of kava, and 400 mg. valerian(only when needed).
So far, it has really helped me. I haven't had an "attack" in several weeks and the anxiety that I used to have on a daily basis has dropped down to once or twice in the last 2 weeks and didn't last nearly as long.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

tygwyn
27-09-05, 19:59
Hi Sandy

Calcium was the next one I was going to look at.

I've not heard of Kava though or Valerian though? Could you give me any more info on these please?

Cheers!

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

eeyorelover
28-09-05, 03:15
Here is the site that I found out about them and what amounts to take. Hope it helps:)

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/hc/resourceareas_supp/1,1442,430,00.html

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

lainey
28-09-05, 09:23
Hi Ty gwyn

I take :-
SJW - one a day from Boots

Vit C with zinc from Boots

Omega 3

They have helped me enormously, as recommended by Meg

Take care

Elaine x

bluebottle
28-09-05, 11:19
Any tips for me? I take SJW, any others that might help?

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

Meg
28-09-05, 13:30
Valerian root is natures valium and great for taking the edge of things

Kava Kava is off the market here and was in the US due to a very few safety issues. You can buy it off the net still though.

Blue - Omegas definately and Vit B if you're still very anxious.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?