PDA

View Full Version : worried

angietomjimandcass
30-07-09, 12:55
Hi there,
I woke up with two numb finger and it lasted abot half a hour, can anyone shed some light on this?

LisaLisa
30-07-09, 12:58
Was it your pointing finger and the one next to it going towards your pinky?

Lisa
xxx

pd
30-07-09, 14:05
Had you slept akwardly on it? I sometimes sleep on my arm which goes completely dead, and once feeling comes back my fingers stay numb and tingly for a couple of hours. If you get into an akward position while you're asleep you can end up squishing a nerve which gives you a kind of numb feeling, but it's not dangerous, especially as it's unsquished as soon as you move.

angietomjimandcass
30-07-09, 22:39
it was my pinky and ring finger.

LisaLisa
31-07-09, 13:37
it was my pinky and ring finger.

Sounds like you had been meaning on it over night and the nerve got squashed. I had this issue with two of my toes and went to the drs and he told me that there was plenty blood flowing there ( he pressed on them and they went white then pink quickly again and then he said that the nerve is at the base of the toes and when two are squashed together it makes numbness and can lst quite a while sometimes before it goes back to normal.

Suonds dead similar with your fingers specially as they are at the edge of your hand and could easily be squahed together during the night. Maybe ecven more so if you are also wearing a ring during the night on the ring finger

Hope you are feeling okay about this now

Lisa
xxxx