PDA

View Full Version : Calling all labrynthitis sufferers!!

nickieb
30-07-09, 18:35
Hi all

I have suffered labs twice now, once about 2 years ago & again 3 weekends ago. I am still after 3 weeks getting the occasional few hours of dizziness, swaying feeling, heavy head & blocked ear feeling. I have my 2nd ENT referral coming up to hopefully get some clarification on this & my outlook being a sufferer etc...

I am struggling to accept its Labs therefore i would love your own personal story of having it. How long did it last, what happened, did anything work? have u suffered since....

Thank you
Nic xx

Trish
30-07-09, 20:26
Hi Nicola

I to have had it twice the first time (about 5yrs ago) it put me in hospital because it came on in an evening and paramedics were called as i couldn't stand without falling over:weep: It was the most frightening time!

Every symptom you state i have had...the 2nd time i had it it wasn't as servere, and i've not had it since thank goodness!!

I was given Stemital (sp) if i remember rightly.

I hope you feel better soon

Trish x

Mudskipper
31-07-09, 10:26
Hi
I've had two bad doses of lab, first time really freaked me out as I hadn't heard of it and was convinced it had to be something brain-related causing my problems. I couldn't even bend slightly to open a kitchen cupboard without ending up in a heap on the floor. I managed to get to the doctor who diagnosed lab and after a week off work resting I was fine. The second time was pretty much the same but less scary as I knew what it was. Had a touch of it again earlier this year which caused me an unsteady moment while driving. Quite scary! Nothing to be worried about in itself though, just watch out for the symptoms and take it easy if it strikes.

LisaLisa
31-07-09, 10:42
Hi, Ive had this too. It came on after a cold when i was congested. I noticed the nightbefor it started that when i turned my head it was like my senses took a while to catch up. By the next morning i got so scared when i woke even tuning my head on the pillow threw the whole room spinning.... not a pleasant experiance.

I had absolutely no balance at all coudlnt drive and had to have someone help me to walk, even dr had to help me into his office to a seat. They gave me antihisamine for some reason ceronmazide ?!?!? something like that anyway.

They told me that had no idea how long it would last and that it could take a while to go, its was gone two days later. Its strange becuae I have had several short episodes of it through my life. I rember it happened a lot when I was younger but just a few seconds of totaly loss of balance. The first time i was about 18 and i actually thought that the car had tipped when it happened until i realised it was me not the car !Actually happened a few weeks a ago when i was driving which was really scarey I had to pull over and really panicked thinking it was a stroke or something - it was so short that i didnt realise till later it was the balance thing again - and now have health anxiety and didnt before!

So for me it has never been too debilitating and i wouldnt consider it chronic in my case, i must just have funny ears or something lol :winks:

I hope you are okay

Lisa
xxxxxx