PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine

Karenc
27-09-05, 19:26
Hi everyone

I have been priscribed Mirtazapine, I am very anxious about taking them athough I have had them for 7 weeks I have only just started to take them as I am so afraid. yesterday when i took one i felt disorintated today I am tried I know that these are surpost to take at least 2 weeks before they are in your systerm so I am now scare becasue of the reaction I had to them is it just my mide playing tricks.

I don't know wether to continue taking them?

Karen c

tracyp584
27-09-05, 20:22
Hey Karen,

I've been on them for 6 months now, and the first 2 weeks i did feel really drowsy, but because i take it at bedtime, it was not a real issue.
Within 3weeks I couldn't even tell i was on them, no side effects other than slight weight gain.

I really find these a good medication, and they realy have helped me.

Hope this helps,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

tattybear
29-09-05, 12:12
Hi Ive been on these since around december time - it took a couple of weeks to get used to and they used to really zonk me out but i am now used to them, as Tracy says...I didnt have any side effects, other than slight weight gain (but that is also down to comfort eating!!).

I take 3 at night and i found they really help with my sleep.

As you have started on them, i wouldnt just stop taking them now....stick with it, they do take a while to kick in, but see your doc if you are worried.

Do u takethem at night?

Tatty B xx