PDA

View Full Version : bad bad day

tashbarnes87
31-07-09, 09:32
i cant stop crying today i am convinced i have als why wont my legs stop twitching!! i have had my hand on my thigh and the same stop has twitched 4 times in 5 mins. I just cant cope with it :( the only time i dont feel it is if i shake my legs constantly which is becoming a habit :weep: so sick of it xx

rebeccad
31-07-09, 10:02
hi we are all good at consoling others but when it comes to ourselves its a different matter, you were convinced it was ms a few days ago. Honestly i wish you could speak to my husband he will tell you what a wreck i have been and still am, we had a week in lanzarote which was totally ruined by my obsession with my twitching, i brought a bikinni which i didnt know was made by als, well that was a sign to me i had it, then out of the blue my eldest son asked me what was wrong with stephen hawkings well again that was definately a sign, i have been told by 2 different doctors that it def was not als as the twitching comes at the end. I now have lost my obsession with twitching and it has moved onto something else, i to am convinced of ms and literally cant get it out of my head, reading a post yesterday from pam68 has totally freaked me because her neurologist has told her that even with the clear scan he cant rule out ms as something to do with high pressure in the eye, i had high pressure once in my eyes but the optician said it was down to stress. This now has given me something else to worry about whether i should go back to the opticians i seriously think we all should be locked in a room and shaken up lol hope you feel better soon xx

tashbarnes87
31-07-09, 10:14
lol what we like its just horrible that its so real to us. Thank you for replying i really appriciate it. I to know what you mean about 'signs' i saw 2 hursts yesterday & i burst in to tears in the car and my partner thought i was bonkers when i told him that it was a sign i was going to die lol x

LisaLisa
31-07-09, 11:31
You know I think that thinking there are 'signs' that we are right goes hand in hand with anxiety cos everyone seems to get it. But apparently its called 'magical thinking' accoring to my psychologist and totally safe to laugh at rather than think it means anything. He said it happens becuase our mind is so geared to noticing these things becuase we have trained outselves to think there are important for our survival so we are like afilter just looking for signs of MS als or if your me hiv. Looking fir the twitching wirks the same way your just super aware of something that is actually always there but means more to you now so you notice it.

I hate HA
AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH

Anyway hope you are both okay

Rebbeca - the MS post was always going to worry you , you seem to be dealing with it well though - if it were about hiv i would be avoiding that post but soooooooooooo intrigued by it to to my own detriment!!
That post could be relevant to absolutely anyone with anxiety symptoms then. I dont know if my eye pressure if off becuae i haven thas my eyes tested so i could be the exact same as you, the only reason i am not worrying is becuase i dont worry about ms i worry about hiv?!!?!?

Lisa
xxxxx

rebeccad
31-07-09, 11:39
believe me it has really affected me to the point where i have been ringing round opticians trying to get an appointment for today, i cant get in so am now in a state, i only had them done a few months ago, i have also been googling like mad with pressure in the eye relating to ms, LisaLisa are you on any medication?

LisaLisa
31-07-09, 11:55
believe me it has really affected me to the point where i have been ringing round opticians trying to get an appointment for today, i cant get in so am now in a state, i only had them done a few months ago, i have also been googling like mad with pressure in the eye relating to ms, LisaLisa are you on any medication?

I take 100mg of sertraline everyday. But my anxiety is still very prominent although it is improving somedays.

What will happen when you do get an appointment? If they sau you have higher pressure in one eye, Will you ask them if it means you have MS?

That would be a recipe for disaster because the optician is more than likey not geared to deal with folks with health anxiety. I had this problem at a dentist appointment and also when i randomly freaked about thyroid cancer and went to A and E and freaked out the student dr there and then left thinking that he thought I had hiv, i shouldnt have gone and I shouldnt have as my dr put it' pounced on unprepared medical professionals who like to be carefull' when I have health anxiety!

so really i dont think this is the best course of action for you dear. You will only hear what you want to hear and you will just stress yourself out and then keep having the symptoms needlessly for longer!!!

Or they say you dont have any reaised pressure and then what?

You are releived for a day and then slowly but surely the doubt creeps in and you start to look for evidence of MS that occurs with normal eye pressure?!

Hun you are fueling your ha with this one........you dont need to do any of this. What you are needing to deal with is stopping the behaviours that are keeping the ha going. Your beleif that you have MS or another neurological prob is not going to suddenly stop becuase you read something or an optician tells upi something. Thats not how health anxiety ends.....when you are better you will just no longer need 100% gaurantee that you dont have MS and you will once again be able to rationalise that you are no more likely than the next person to have it and you will be content with that to move on.

Its not that I thought of that, its straight from my psychologist but it is really helping me to know that , it has stopped me freaking out as much and spending al lmy time on a mission to proove or disproove that i have hiv

Lisa
xxxx