PDA

View Full Version : paranoria, jealously, insecurity - I can't open up!

baldy_dude
31-07-09, 11:43
Folks - I've been on this forum quite a bit maybe 9 months ago when i was dealing with a major bout of panic/anxiety. Thankfully I got through that episode and was pretty much my normal self right up to now.... but now its something different.....

I'm not having the symptoms I used to have (health fears, pounding heart, the shakes, etc) instead its almost a different manifisation of my panic and anxiety. I'm happily married with amazing kids, great house, great jobs... but just in the past 2 weeks I've been completely going up the walls with my insecurity and paranoid feelings of intense jealousy..... it is getting me really down. I can go through a day or two fairly confident and happy, then BAM! 1 tiny comment, 1 suspicion and I'm a recluse within my own mind, with irrational thoughts bouncing right through my mind.... when this happens i cannot be distracted, I'm 100% focus on negativity. It is clear to see from those around me. But I cannot open up... I know if I did open up and was brutely honest, it could damage my relationship but at the same time make me feel a lot better....

trapped.....
baldy

chantelle
31-07-09, 12:08
Hi there

open up here - when you feel like this just rant & rave on a page here and you will get the frustration out and your relationship won't suffer - it's a win-win situation

Take care

Chantelle

lajjj
31-07-09, 12:39
hi i can totally relate to this i have the same problem.... i get so jealous and suspicious! its like if i am not anxious or havin panics or focusin inwards i am lookin for somthing eles to stress about and its normally the other half! wanderin where he is who he is textin.... what did he mean by that! i think its all part of the same problem xx

den68
31-07-09, 13:32
I know what you mean im having a day like that too and feel that if i really told my husband and my mum what im thinking they wouldnt speak to me again. I am trying to work out if its me being too sensitive or its them making unfair comments but like you its all trapped in my head and i cant let it out
denise

billsters
17-08-09, 18:36
I'm going through a jealous/paranoid phase, just stopped myself sending a friend an angry message that would have made him say "what the ...?".

Wondering if it's old fashioned PMT or what?

But I'm glad I stopped myself sending the message. I feel such anger at him and it's unwarranted.