PDA

View Full Version : New and grateful!

Fingerscrossed
31-07-09, 12:18
Hi guys,
I am a creative female who has suffered from anxiety and depression since i was 15, and even though I had therapy and was on sertraline for 8 months last year, have recently had a major setback in my recovery..I stopped taking my pills in november 2008 and was really proud of myself.Things were going well, until a lot of upsetting family incidents happened again in the last month, and i felt myself sinking again. I was in denial and thought that the brief moments of anxiety that i was having, were just gonna go away as they had done, but unfortunately things got worse and worse. My negative thinking took over and i am now exhausted, and went back on sertraline (zoloft) as of yesterday.I'm on 25mg to start off with. I am feeling scared and lonely, as my parents and family are the major cause of my anxiety and I no longer have their support, as have had to set boundaries with them. I have suffered from CO-dependent relationships (partly because my brother has special needs and i grew up trying to look after him)..
I am looking to make some online friends to chat to, give and receive support and keep my positive thinking going, as CBT is a long process for me at the moment..
I just need hope and to believe the anti-depressants will help soon again, as i was doing so well when i was on them last year. I have a supportive therapist, but cant always afford to see her.
I am worried i'm not going to manage my nanny job, which i do alongside my jewellery design. I had a breakdown at work on monday, as found it all too much with the kids. I love my job, just need to get better..I cant afford to lose it, as its the only stable thing in my life at the moment!! I am really agoraphobic at the moment, which i have to conquer again, as my life was so good before things got so bad again..Need to remember that..
Thanks

robertw
02-08-09, 11:59
hiya, ive read your post , im new to the site and have also suffered with anxiety for a long time although at the time i never realised it but i guess it has been from a young age i mainly seem to think negatively as i have very bad upset moments if you would like to chat any time i am always available
very bery wishes
rob