PDA

View Full Version : could have diabetes

elrpigeon
27-09-05, 23:18
hi, i have been back in portsmouth since sunday, and today i went to the lloyds pharmacy nearer to me then boots in town, primarily to see if i could get the pill i am on, in that branch so it would save the long walk there and relieve the pressure of if i didnt feel up to town one of the times id have to get my pill for instance.
They do it, so yay! And i have been meaning to find out if i have diabetes or something cos of the symptons like tiredness water, toilet etc (yes anxiety causes them but it makes sense to check it out when alot of people dont know they have it-even those without anxiety), and it got me out my house which is a plus.
I went and cos its meant to be 6 and mine wazs 7.8 i am having to go back again tomorrow morning for the second one called the "fasting" one where you're not allowed to eat (or smoke if u smoke-i dont) or drink anything but water, as it can effect your glucose level, which as i have been eating some sugary kinda things and had a choco flake cake and iced bun an hour before the test, could be contributors, it means i do this fasting one!! But its not good how it looks (dont worry im not panicking, im kinda doing that laughing oh dear its not pretty about it)..
But if i do still have a high enough one ill be referred to my GP which then is a bit more scary....!!

Hopefully whatever, it will be okay! And if i had it in some form, at least i could get the proper treatment and it could help balance me out physically which then ill be more stronger to be able to cope anxiety wise etc and it'd make some sense to how ive been tired and what not so at least there's a plus!

Emily X

Power of the mind is incredible, we now think negative by it, we can get out thinking positive too!

mum2four
27-09-05, 23:47
I have all the sign's of diabete's fatigue shacky feeling if I dont eat at regular time's ect and more my dr has alway gotten me to have regular test for diabete's and I never come back as having it so to me that has alway's been confusing till recently when i realised that it's also a lot of the symptom's a anxiety.

Any way try to look at in a positive way if you do have diabete's at least it controlable in so many more easier way's than if it were anxiety related symptom's. At least you finaly have new place to start to make plan's to feel better. If you dont have diabete's as least you still know where stand and can go from there to make a plan to get threw the anxiety.

There a big part of me that would rather my symptom's be caused by diabete's at least than I could control the symptom's better with diet and stuff I have a no fail way of dealing with the symptom's. Anyone think positive thought's what ever one's will get threw the moment and then go from there.

Good luck.