PDA

View Full Version : normal

ms.nals
31-07-09, 15:22
hello all. i joined nmp about 21 days ago. i ve suffered with anxiety for 3 months now which is not a long time granted,but i decided to go to greece on my own for a break to get away from a load of stress. and all it did was allow my anxiety to come to the surface so by the time i got home i was near hysterical and convinced i was going to die!!!!! however , after starting some treatment and reading some stuff on this site i am feeling almost normal again. i still have really bad days, still cant sleep, still have some symptoms of the dreaded anxiety....................is this normal at the end of 3 weeks on citilopram?

Lion King
02-08-09, 09:21
Hi ms.nals,

Its still a short period of time on citalopram, so there is still improvement to come. Learn to relax and put your stresses in a place where you can look at them from an outside perspective, if you struggle to do this I would suggest talking them thru with a close friend or familly member who you can trust or use this website to see how others cope in similar situation to yourself. It took me up to 12 weeks before I felt normality, but we are all different, the main problem I had was getting rid of the automatic negative thought process, this took time and the only way i could change this was to put a positive spin on situations to make them easier to cope with, in time with affirmation of the+ve you start to feel better!

All the best with your recovery

LK

bigmo
02-08-09, 22:35
getting rid of the automatic negative thought process

Positive spin, good point,