PDA

View Full Version : tingling

louise0501
31-07-09, 19:04
hey today i have been getting tingling sensations in my fingers and i'm really freaking out it might be MS. what do you think?
please reply
luv louise X

nomorepanic
31-07-09, 19:12
Louise

This is from the symptoms page on the left:

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.

What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.

Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.

Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It’s nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

Also hyperventilation can cause this:

Another symptom directly resulting from this is tingling in fingers and toes. A sure sign of hyperventilation. The numbness is a symptom that its hard to get used to – why 3 fingers and not the whole hand or just the right side and not the left etc. This often leads people to self diagnosing strokes and fits whereas this is ‘just’ hyperventilation and extremely easy to correct.

j2
01-08-09, 00:52
Amen to what nomorepanic said. This common and you are fine. Keep posting and let us know how this turns out. I love to here when someone feels better.

louise0501
01-08-09, 01:05
i'm really freaking out about this. it has to be MS? i'm having a full blown panic attack and i feel like crying. i've just got over a brain tumour fear and now this. please help? i'm scared.
please reply
luv louise X

j2
01-08-09, 03:20
I too am having a major ms or tumor or whatever panic. I feel like I breaking down but I don't want my family to see me crying in the corner. This time is really bad for me and I know what you are going through. I will pray for us both to feel better. Keep up the fight and know you are not alone.

nomorepanic
01-08-09, 14:25
Louise - it is anxiety - read what I put above.

Also are you breathing correctly and not shallow?

springblossom
12-10-09, 12:20
I suffer from this tingling in my hands, feet and even on my face, it's very unpleasant and the tingles spread to my scalp.