PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!!!

khirstie71
31-07-09, 19:45
Hiya,

i have been suffering panic attacks etc for the last 6 weeks, and to be honest its stressing me out so much, i have been put on propnaolol, but cant decide if its heping, i have seen 4 different doctors, and been to a&e twice, i guess the propanolo is helping slightly, as attacks dont seem quite so intense, just cant convince myself that they are just panic attacks, my legs and arms feel weak nearly all the time, and i have so many episodes of dread and fear through out the day, its drving me mad, i end up in tears nearly every day, i have another app at docs on monday, but dunno if im wasting his time, i feel at a loss, i want to live my life to the full, but am so scared all the time. Is weakness a common sign of anxciety? i have had 2 ecgs, and they were both normal, and blood tests were normal.

nickieb
31-07-09, 19:54
Weakness is a sign of anxiety yes hun as our bodies get so exhausted from being uptight all the time they they tire easily

xx

khirstie71
31-07-09, 20:15
i guess that makes sense as its the same feeling i get when im really tired! so thankyou i feel a tiny bit reassured!!! to make things worse i have to do 5 night shifts now in a row :-( :-(

Mich1111
31-07-09, 20:42
Hi

I'm currently on propanolol It definately stops the physical side of the panic. Before I was on it I couldnt stop shivering/shaking and was quite ill when I had an attack. It doesnt help with the anxiety/mind side of things - dread and fear is still with me and I still notice when I go out my legs feel weak.

I thought I was getting better but seem to have hit a plateau now. A few weeks ago i couldnt stop crying - now I feel like I want to as i'm scared i'll never get better but the emotion just isnt there.

nickieb
31-07-09, 22:03
I do night shifts to & despise them xx