PDA

View Full Version : Time To Stop The Meds ????

fretty freda
31-07-09, 20:47
Hi people at no more panic !

Ive been taking anti depressants for 10 years now and i am pretty much well the same as always ups and downs highs and lows panic phases and panic free phases .

The thing i am thinking is GRDADUALLY reduce the meds cipralex 10mg and come off them completly with help of my gp .

My reason for this is ..... a couple of times before bed i have forgotten to take them and the next day i feel a hell of a lot better eg i dont feel shaky and i dont feel zombie like and i generally feel like my heads much clearer and i certainly dont need an afternoon nap .

seeing as the meds dont really help anyway i think maybe i am having reverse effect due to being on them so long would love to make this happen hassel free eg reduce gradually so i have NO WITHDRAWAL symptons .

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST YOUR VIEWS I AM KEEN TO LISTEN TO ALL YOUR VIEWS AND OPINIONS.......

THANKS A BUNCH FRETTY xxxx

Rachel424
03-08-09, 15:35
Hi there, I was on Citalopram for anxiety for over 5 years and they eventually stopped working. I tried to come off them and I had the most horrific withdrawal symptoms. My advice would be that since you've been on the meds such a long time gradually reduce your dosage over a period of several weeks to minimise your withdrawal symptoms. You may feel fine when you skip a dose, but once the withdrawal symptoms kick in I'm sure you won't feel so great. Of course you should talk about this with your GP. Good luck!:)

fretty freda
09-08-09, 22:57
hi i have been advized by my doctor to take 10mg 1 night ono the next for a month then 10mg 1 night non for two nights for a month ect ect i think it would be better to take 5mg every night for a month what is every1s opinion ? i have started to have the head shocks and i am wondering what will happen next although i came off seroxat an dont reckon anything could be worse than that ??

nomorepanic
09-08-09, 23:05
Do what doc suggests yes

fretty freda
09-08-09, 23:21
i have just been reading all the horror stories about the horrible side effects of withdrawal and i am thinking maybe i wont bother maybe i should just stay on them how long would the withdrawal symptons last ??