PDA

View Full Version : Virus, BP and Palps????

angieb
28-09-05, 10:14
Hello all

I am hoping that someone may be able to put my mind at rest. I have been doing so well.

Have all but beaten this thing and have worked hard to get my BP under control which had stabalised at about 125/82 and pulse about 85-90, however I have picked up a strange bug, really sore throat, upset tummy, cold sort of a thing.

The thing is my BP and pulse have changed almost overnight, my pulse has dropeed 70-75 an3d BP shot through the roof average yesterday of 155/95. Does anybody know if this happens if your body is fighting a virus????

Have started to let my old mate anxiety back in over this one and really want to nip it in teh bud. Even had wicked heart pals yesterday which I hope are just due to my body fighting this bug.

Thank you in advance for any advice which will be gratefully received.

Take care...Angie

lainey
28-09-05, 10:34
Hi Angie

The changes in your pulse and BP could be due to you being anxious about this bug, there's a lot of them about at the moment.
Do you have a BP monitor at home? If so it might help if you don't use it for a few days, as recording your BP all the time could be making you more anxious.
You sound as if you are on the road to recovery and I'm sure this is just a blip.
Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

linjane
28-09-05, 18:23
Hi Angie,

I really want to say 'WELCOME BACK, I'VE MISSED YOU' but then that sounds selfish, because probably the only reason you're back is because you've got horrible symptoms again, so in another way its a shame you've had to come back.....hope that made sense, it was meant to be a compliment!

Anyway, in reply to your post, I agree with Elaine about the BP testing at home, it'll probably only make you worse and also, I would think - even though I'm no expert - that because you've got a bug all of your other stuff will change for a while as well. I know if I have a cold, my missed beats are even worse than usual. Also, obviously, if you're anxious your BP will go up. Mine was high at the hospital yesterday, when I first got there - 153/79 - but by the time I was ready to go, my consultant checked it again and it had gone down to 137/70, which was better.

You take care of yourself, you have done so well and it is nice to hear from you again.

Love, Linda.xxx

angieb
05-10-05, 17:34
Hello again

Just thought I would warn people about Panadol Extra!!!!!

When I posted this message I thought teh change in BP was due to the bug I was carrying....wrong, through pwers of deduction I now know what caused the sudden eratic behaviour in my BP.

Panadol extra is laced with Caffeine which is the reason then worrk so quickly, literally pump the pain killer round your system.

From my calculations there is the same amount of caffeine in two extra strong cups of black filter coffee in each tablet. I took two (so four cups of coffee) and paid with the results listed on here.

It may not be the same for everybody but I only have two cups of tea a day the rest of the time I drink cammomile so if you like me have all but given up caffeine - be careful with this pain killer.

Take care...Angie

PS - 24 after Panadol Extra even with the bug my BP returned to 126/80

Meg
05-10-05, 17:51
Thanks for letting us know Angie.

We'll add it to the evergrowing list of over the counter meds with caffiene

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?