PDA

View Full Version : Mornings are so low!

tygwyn
28-09-05, 10:24
Well one minute I think I've cracked this thing and the next morning I wake up and feel like s**t again! I know I'm probably trying to rush it but I just hate feeling so low in the mornings - I have to battle all the time to pick myself up. As soon as I've dropped my daughter off at school I can feel it building up. This morning I went for a drive straight away which seemed to help a bit but its lifting my mood that I struggle with. I kept toying with the idea of taking St Johns Wort but I really want to do this on my own if I can (sounds daft I know) - especially as I know that as the day goes on I feel happier.

I'm waffling now sorry!

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

lainey
28-09-05, 10:30
Hi Tygwyn

Mornings have always been the worst for me too, especially the days when I am not working and the weekends which has made me realise that distraction is a big help.
I take SJW as you know and it has certainly helped me enormously, I als o feel that by taking SJW and not conventional medication that I have done it on my own. I had a blip last week after a stressful few days but I'm now getting back to normal especially with my thoughts.
You keep mentioning SJW so why not give it a try, it does take a few weeks to kick in, I have taken it on and off for a few years and it's done the trick every time for me.
Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

tygwyn
28-09-05, 10:33
Thanks Elaine!

I know I should take SJW but you know how are thoughts work!!

I'm going to ask you loads of questions about it now - hope you don't mind?!

Did you have any side effects with it?

Does it lift your mood aswell as helping with anxiety (i know they go hand in hand).

When you have come off it before have you had to come off it graducally?

I'm really sorry to go on about it Elaine but you know how it is!

Thanks again

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

lainey
28-09-05, 10:43
Hi Tygwyn

Don't mind at all, here goes!

I have had no side effects at all from taking it.

I think that by helping the anxety my mood was lifted anyway as I feel the both go hand in hand as you said.

When I came off it last time I came off it gradually, but the 1st time I just stopped it and had no side effects as I didn't know you had to stop it gradually.

I felt exactly like you when my GP wanted me to take Cipralex, even the thought of taking them put me into major panic and after taking them for 4 days had a horrible panic attack so then started taking SJW and haven't looked back since.
It's been a long, hard 12 months and apart from the odd blip I feel that I am conquering this as long as I don't get too stressed out.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

tygwyn
28-09-05, 10:45
Thanks Elaine!

Medications don't work for me either! I was given Citalopram and after two tablets had very very acute anxiety and had to be given Diazepam. I think I'm a bit worried that SJW might do the same (I know I'm stupid!).

I think I just have to bite the bullet and take the tablets. I can't beat this anxiety while I'm feeling so low in the mornings - its a viscious circle isnt it.

Thanks again

lainey
28-09-05, 10:52
Hi Tygwyn

I'm here anytime if you want support whilst you start taking it. Don't know if this will help you, but you sound like me in the fact that you don't like taking medication. I don't think of SJW as medication, I think of it as a herbal remedy which is what it is even though it is prescribed in Germany for mild to moderate depression. So perhaps firstly you might can get yourself into my way of thinking,lol! Even though it's hard when you are feeling anxious.

Take care

Elaine x

bluebottle
28-09-05, 10:57
I take SJW, I haven't been on it for long but I know it has no known side effects. Whereas A/D have lots. The only medication I take, out of desperation, is lorazepam, and that works so I put up with it.

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

vernon
28-09-05, 11:09
My son took SJW for months maybe a year but dont think it did anything for him. Like meds I think different meds have different effects on different people, I took a few different A/D before I found that Ciprolex seemed to help me a lot. BLUE I have some lorazapam my dactor changed my diazapam to them arnt they much more effective that vallium? But havnt took any vallium or lorazapam now for nearly a year (touch wood). I think a lot of meds work together with the frame of mind you are in becouse when i get real axiouse now i take a paracetamol and that seems to work lol. Seems strange?. take care all

Piglet
28-09-05, 12:27
Verny,

You crack me up sometimes hun.:):):):)

I took have taken a paracetamol and felt less anxious. LOL!!!!!!!!

I would deffo give the sjw a go Tygwyn - I can't take it cos of the pill but I did feel better on it and absolutley no side effects and I hate taking medication.

Love Piglet