PDA

View Full Version : head trauma

rebeccad
01-08-09, 12:16
hi stupidly i have been on the ms forum on facebook and read that head trauma any time in your live can cause ms, aparantly 100% of patients in the experiment reported of some sort of trauma or whiplash in their lifetime, this has totally freaked me out as when i was a child i fractured my skull, i am so scared now. I have been convinced i have ms for about 3 months now due to funny symptoms latest one being lightheaded and a funny tiredness.

Also if i were to pay for a private mri would my fractured skull show up on the mri and look like ms. Doc says i dont need an mri but i think i would like to pay for one privately.

please could someone reply as i am now going out of my mind with worry.

den68
01-08-09, 12:26
when i saw the neuroligist he never asked me anything about head injuries or whip lash only about my symptoms so i dont know but i would think there must be loads of people who have some sort of head injury or whip lash and they havnt got ms. I am sure if your gp thought it was anything like that he would of referred you. Anxiety give all the symptoms aswell look at anxiety pages left side they are really good
denise

rebeccad
01-08-09, 12:37
i seriously dont know why i do it i cant help it, got my first appointment with counsellor on monday hopefully i can sort myself out, in the back of my mind i just feel like ive got it, feel sort of light headed and tired all of the time, (apart from in the evenning when all kids in bed) its really wierd i feel positive then but as soon as morning comes i seriously dont want to get up. Would love to just go to bed put the covers on my head and stay there forever!! xxx

den68
01-08-09, 14:34
hopefully your councillor will teach you how to cope with the symptoms and not panic about them. I was exactly the same and its awful but with help from my councillor i learnt to accept the symptoms dizziness, pals, numbness and loads more. I was that scared i was going to die or something it was making the symptoms worse. I still get them but not so bad and dont normally panic when im having a turn
good luck hope monday goes well hang in there it will get better over time
denise

nomorepanic
01-08-09, 14:39
Rebecca - I think you know deep down that you don't have it or why would it be ok in the evening when the kids have gone to bed?

A serious illness would not give you respite sometimes - it would be constant.