PDA

View Full Version : having a bath

Buby
11-01-04, 16:53
lately, ive been scared of having a bath. i do have them, but get nervous when i get in. i stick it out though to see if i stop panicing, most times i do, but when i get out i feel hot then i start to panic again. does anyone else feel the same?

rachel xx

Rennie1989
11-01-04, 17:51
ratchit

hi ya

the only thing i suggest is taking a shower. no, i dont expirience the same. the only thing i cant do is walking into my school grounds.

Jade

hugs xx

Buby
11-01-04, 17:58
hi jade,

i hate showers though cause all the water gets in your eyes ( see im a buby ). but i might rty it, i could probably get used to them.

its nice hearing from you, you havent posted on here for a while. school, god, ive got that tomorrow and my counselling session. only two years after this and on my way to college. wahoo! im joining the school play tomorrow, i gave myself targets, i have o join in school activities and i thought about the play, cause i love acting and this will be my chance to open up in crowds.

keep posting

hugs rachel xx

pauline
11-01-04, 19:59
Hi Rachel

yes i get that one. I mostly have showers now but love baths. Before we had the shower fitted bath times were dreadful. I would try and make myself stop in and try and wait for the panic to go but most of the time i did not win. My only thoughts on it were that i was always thinking if something might happen to me and here i was in the bath with no clothes on:D and what a site the person would see.
I was the same if i put a face pack on but well you can kinda understand someone being shocked looking at that[:0] it does go though so see it through if you can.

take care
Pauline

pjpriest

uryjm
11-01-04, 22:59
Hi Rachel
I once ran a bath and literally couldn't get in it. The thought made me panicky, but I'd been really anxious that morning, and I think I tansferred all the nameless, shapeless fear onto the bath. Eventually my brother asked if I was ever going to get in it, which kind of brought me 'round, so I did, and I never had that particular phobia again. Now I find them really relaxing, espescially with a good book and no work in the morning.

Jim

stimpy
12-01-04, 01:48
I too have had the same thing.
Oh man was I stinky! [xx(]

I used to ask Steve to sit at the top of the stairs, incase I got in to trouble.

I found the best way to tackle it was little and often.
Ask some one to wait outside the door and then,
Say every other day, put some water in the bath (not too much) and put a foot in, if that feels okay, put 2 feet in. Then next time you go in 1 foot, 2 feet, kneel and so on. And eventually you will be able to sit in the bath with less worry, and a little bit more water.

Good luck!

Love and best wishes
Liz xxx

Panic Monster & Scatty Excentric

Brownie
12-01-04, 05:25
Hi rachel,
I know exactly how you feel, i used to love taking baths even though i would have minor attacks from the heat (which has always been a trigger for my panic). But now that my panic attacks have gotten so much worse and constant im affraid to take one anymore, I just take a quick shower.
-Christie[:I]

emo
13-01-04, 00:29
hi
i had one of my worst panic attacks ever when i was in the bath a couple of nights ago,ive recently moved house and i locked the door in the bathroom because its downstairs and my baby daughter was still up and she has a fascination with the bath,so without thinking i locked the door to keep her out and found myself stuck in the bath feeling like i was going to die,i managed to get out and get dried and dressed by which time i'd calmed down but i havent been able to face getting back in the bath again.i did have a laugh about it afterwards when i realised i'd only shaved 1 of my legs!!!!
my boyfriend finishes work early tomorrow so im planning on getting him to sit near the bathroom while i try and get a bath.
love em x

Buby
13-01-04, 01:31
i do that, just shave one leg without realising and its not good when you have PE the next day.

its good to know that people have fears of having a bath, i thiught id be the only one cause it seems such a rare kind of phobia.

hugs rachel

emo
13-01-04, 01:39
hi rachel,it does sound a bit strange does'nt it been afraid of having a bath!!!!
but,its great when you realise that you're not the only one.
i really thought i was crazy with all my strange fears until i found this site.
my biggest problem now is getting help for myself and getting my family to realise that im not mad.im going to get my boyfriend to have a look at this site and see what its all about.
love em xxxx

Buby
13-01-04, 01:43
if only my dad was as understanding about the chatroom, he wont let me in there anymore. i hope your family dont think your mad otherwise i might start thinking that my family think im mad too.

hugs Rachelxx

emo
13-01-04, 01:52
hey rachel,it must be so hard for you at 14,my oldest daughter has just turned 14.im only 34 so i still remember what it was like for me at 14.i sometimes feel sorry for my kids having a mad mum like me but they're usually pretty understanding when im not feeling too good.
i live next door to my sister and my parents live on the next street and although they know about my panic attacks i dont like to talk to much about it because i know exactly what they will all think and say about me behind my back!!! thats not paranoia honestly,i just know my family so well.
but whatever anyone thinks,you know you're not mad just as well as i know now that im not.
love emxxx

Hears The Water
04-02-04, 00:38
I am glad to hear that I am not alone in having the heat cause me to panic. I have to take realy hot showers to help the arthritus in my lower back, so I can stand first thing in the mornings. The heat makes my face hot and red and I HATE that. It makes me think I am having a fever, and I fear that. So what I have been doing lately is to take a washcloth and get it wet with the coldest water I can (we have well water and that is realy cold) and I keep it in my jacket pocket to put on my face to cool it down. The only big problem with that is now my face is chapped and has red spots of realy dry skin. I need to put some kind of a cream on it but I am scared of those too!!! [:I] ACK!!!! There was a time last summer when I had the thought that my hubby was going to poision me with the soap or the shampoo. And I didn't take baths or showers for a week at a time and man oh man did I stink!!! I have almost waist length hair and it lookes so bad!!! Now I cannot stand to go a day without bathing. The only good thing about my shower-less period was that we saved $$ on propane!!! LOL. Thanks for understaning, I knew y'all would.
God Bless you and yours
Debbie